Model Cars Magazine Forum

the snowmans 71/72 charger

brett

Gene Snow that is Texas oil (well lets say pretty well off) and drag racer. this is one of his many funnycars.

the pic I'm basing my build off of

DSCF8029.jpg

I have the slixx decals for this build but the colours look all wrong for the pics I found, so I'm sticking with th kit ones and will use the slixx elsewwhere, kit bottom, slixx top

DSCF8025.jpg

Lots painted nothing together yet

DSCF8024.jpg

DSCF8026.jpg

DSCF8027.jpg

we all know the stories around him, please keep them out of this thread B)

The Revell decals aren't as accurate as the Slixx decals. I've seen more than one body color for this car. It could be that during the season, the original was damaged and a new paint job was used with a different base coat.

yes, I've seen blue, candy apple red and what looked like a solid red...could have just been the picture, but that was the only one i saw with a solid red

The red car was at times a bright red and also it was a candy apple red. There is too much blue to white fade on the side panels on the Slixx sheet. Other than that they are pretty accurate.

Build looks good so far Brett.

asnowpit-vi.jpg

Gene_Snow_28-vi.jpg

Snow-vi.jpg

drm_vol_7__014-vi.jpg

Set_1_007-vi.jpg

Edited by 1320wayne

Thanks guys. Yea Wayne thats what I was thinking as well. The art work is much nicer but there's way too much fade. Oh well 71 charger pm anyone B) . Knew I should asked for pics first though,can clearly see where some of the contingencies are supposed to go now.

Gene Snow that is Texas oil (well lets say pretty well off) and drag racer. this is one of his many funnycars.

the pic I'm basing my build off of

I have the slixx decals for this build but the colors look all wrong for the pics I found, so I'm sticking with the kit ones and will use the slixx elsewwhere, kit bottom, slixx top

Lots painted nothing together yet

What color and paint did you use on the Charger.

Thinking about trying some slicks decals, modifying them for the Snowman dragster that Chip Woodall drove

link http://www.pbase.com...image/137375032

I have a better pic from a Hot Rod magazine, 1972

Edited by tbusch

Thanks guys, Terry, its a custom mix DuPont, sorry dont have the original paint code. None of the snowman decals are close (that I've seen) to that, but it would be a cool and rare sight to see cars modelled that arent just the mainstreamers that everyone knows (if that makes sence).

Ive got this car in 1/16th scale but was never sure what colour the body should be, if it was just gloss red or a candy red.

I am unsure if i should finish it in Snows Colours or find suitable decals for a another car that used the same body.

Yours is looking good so far brett.

Thanks everyone.

Gareth, you'll have to paint the car to go with whatever decals you use. If I had used the Slixx decals I would have to have used the darker candy red. But as I preferred the kit supplied decals I went with the solid red gloss. Not sure what other decals are out there for this body in 1:16th , I have 2 more 25th scale that I want to do but Im pretty sure there's no decals for either of them. Good luck and keep us posted when you decide to build it.