Model Cars Magazine Forum

SuperVan SRT12

Scale-Master

OK, it is wrong, but since Fiat owns Dodge and Ferrari I can reconcile it to some minor degree. How’s that for rationalizing?

Two Tamiya Enzo bodies were sacrificed, and one Lindberg SnapKit Caravan was used for the base. The front of the Enzo “body kit’ was widened a scale 12.5 inches. The rear bumper and lower sections of the fenders were fabbed up from sheet styrene.

The Enzo engine, trans and rear suspension was also used along with a few scratch built and machined parts in the interior and on the engine. Wheels are Tamiya Porsche units with machined outer rims and trim rings. Tires are from a Tamiya GTR.

A set of Enzo tailpipes are behind the mesh in the rear bumper, and a radiator with twin fans resides behind the front grille. A reflective coating was applied to the headlight covers and it changes from gold to blue depending on the light.

A Revell ‘69 Hemi Charger scoop and hood section were grafted into the smoothed out Caravan roof. The rear wing is from an Acura Integra. SMS decals for the C/F.

I opted for a suede gray finish to further the odd stealthy look I saw in it as it developed. And to give it a bit more of a sinister attitude.

DSC01037.jpg

DSC01038.jpg

DSC01039.jpg

DSC01040.jpg

DSC01041.jpg

DSC01043.jpg

DSC01044.jpg

Very well executed and right up my ally. Can you show us some shots of how the interior and engine compartment look?

Bob

There are some interior shots here, in the in-progress section:

http://www.modelcars...pic=61387&st=40

I guess I forgot to shoot pictures of the roll cage being installed before buttoning it up, but on page 4 in the above link there some shots before the window decals were applied.

Bosuzoku? Maybe just a little... :rolleyes: But since learning the history of it, not such a bad thing either...