Model Cars Magazine Forum

Thanks Chris.

The front sway bar and the stabilizer links (including the bushings) are in the bag. Too many tiny parts I didn’t want to risk losing. Mostly brass with some machined aluminum for the nuts & bolts & washers and soft vinyl for the rubber bushings.

I also added the tabs for the stabilizer links to the lower control arms.

DSC02896_zpsd22e6ef8.jpg

Edited by Scale-Master

Would you believe me if I said I machined it...? ;)

I think it is sold by The Campbell Line for model railroading. It came loose in a lot I bought of odds and ends of modeling supplies, but it was with some other Campbell materials.

Interesting stuff to work with, very soft. Easy to file, easier to bend, not necessarily where you want it to bend.

Since you can't solder it in place, are you going to machine some sheet metal screws? ;) ;)

They actually fit without any need for mechanical fixturing or adhesive when the seats and body panels are installed. Same for this piece...

Beginning of upper under hood framework. Snaps in since it will mounted after the engine is built and installed.

DSC02909_zpsb38f5bff.jpg

DSC02908_zps8acfbbff.jpg

Thanks Pete, I need to make sure it can be unbuilt, painted and rebuilt, so the extra time and effort will hopefully pay off in the final assembly.

The foot wells are built. I was able to attach the passenger side to the transmission tunnel and still be able to snap it in and out of the frame easily.

DSC02918_zps7df30c14.jpg

The driver’s side was a bit more work due to the provisions for the master cylinders and room for the pedals. It “loads” from the top and locks into part of the framework on the bottom of the car.

DSC02917_zps115914b9.jpg

DSC02921_zpsc50c96e7.jpg

This upper panel also locks in place.

DSC02920_zpse3a5bec2.jpg

Some of the principle elements of the pedals assembly and the drivers side foot well.

DSC02929_zps5a9a2b37.jpg

I still need to make the faces of the pedals, but I have the geometry set up.

DSC02930_zpsd4760101.jpg

The guide for the steering shaft is installed in the foot box too.

DSC02931_zps758c1603.jpg

I started making the frame support work for the steering shaft.

DSC02932_zps69f9e723.jpg

The cowl fit and attachment points have been finalized and I started roughing out the dashboard.

DSC02933_zps27cbcfbb.jpg

All of these parts are friction fit/snap together.