Model Cars Magazine Forum

Where do you all buy models on line now ?

I like Evers Toy Store for new AMT, Revell-Monogram, and Revell of Germany kits. I've bought from them for 20 years or so..they have a easy-to-use website, w/ pictures of all the kits, and do pre-orders. Good customer service and quick shipping.

www.everstoystore.com

I also like Model Express, I've bought new and older (mostly '80s and up) kits from them.

Model Express

For Fujimi, Tamiya, and other Japanese brands, I buy from Hobby Link Japan.

Hobby Link Japan

For Model King special issue kits, I've lately used a couple of reputable ebay dealers.

I've had good luck with:

Model Express

www.modelexpress.net they have a good selection of old kits, and the they way the store is laid out I find it very easy to find what I want.

Model roundup, who you have already found.

www.modelroundup.com

Tower Hobbies

www.towerhobbies.com ... the mail order arm of hobbico, they also have all the paint and other supplies you'll ever want, prompt shipping, great website, and you get detailed orderstatus and shipping info. I order from them most frequently.

For Fujimi I check stradasports first,

www.stradasports.com , they have a lot of other great stuff too (to say the least)

when I can not find a japanese product anywhere I go to Hobby link Japan .. They are great if you need something not available in the US. The shipping does get pricey if you order big kits

www.hlj.com

Sqaudron does have some car kits. they are most well known and have a huge selection of military models, but they are a reputable, well established company When I built airplanes I ordered from them frequently

www.squadron.com

Enjoy .. hope it helps

Edited by kurth

I don't...I havn't mail ordered a kit in a year and a half...The last time I ordered was from BSR. (bsrrep.com). I ordered three of the NASCAR Chevelles.

In the past, I've ordered from Model Roundup, Fantastic Plastics, SMH, and of cource Hobby Heaven.

I'm getting ready to order from Squadron for the first time ever.

I buy all my kits locally....unless I can't find them or have them ordered.

Although I don't buy many kits, maybe 6 cars and 4 aircraft in a year, I try to get them thru my local HS even if they are a few dollars more. For online I buy from Dennis at modelexpress, 1 or 2 a year to HLJ and some on Ebay. Any faster and Dennis would ship my order before I place it :rolleyes: I have received orders from him in 3 days.

Thanks,