Model Cars Magazine Forum

Egyptian Raider Pickup with Tomb Trailer

Wow Darren, that dashboard looks great!

That shade of gold is perfect, but I think it may be too much for the whole truck.

It'll be interesting to watch you make it work.

David G.

David, thank you, I was thinking a two tone paint job but not quit there yet. Also had some ideas for ghost patterns of Egyptian type of artwork.

Edited by Darren B

OMG,   More stuff to add to an already well detailed model. ha I love it. Waiting to see how you detail paints the scarab swarms !

Be Well

Gator

Gator, I found out the plastic that they use for the bones series is a polymer plastic which is very soft and hard to paint may have to mold then in resin to make them workable.

• 2 weeks later...

Mike, I actually can just carve the foam with the glyph's, the look I am going for on the trailer is a painted on theme. Here is a couple of pics from a book I have with hand painted coffins or hieroglyphics on a coffin. Did a trace of the first photo art, going to try my hand at hand painting them. 

IMG_2399.JPG.opt570x760o0%2C0s570x760.JP

IMG_2400.JPG.opt570x760o0%2C0s570x760.JP

IMG_2544.JPG.opt570x570o0%2C0s570x570.JP

IMG_2548.JPG.opt570x570o0%2C0s570x570.JP

IMG_2549.JPG.opt570x570o0%2C0s570x570.JP

IMG_2550.JPG.opt570x570o0%2C0s570x570.JP

I finally got around to painting the wings. I have them designed for the trailer on either side, if the paint work for the hieroglyphics takes up more than I have planned instead of putting these on the side of the trailer, I may put them on the bed of the truck as bed rails.... So will see where they end up on the finished product....

Wow Darren, great progress. Love the color on those wings.

David G.

Thanks David, the colors really pop when they are in the sun light, when the sun comes out this week I will take some pics of them in the sun light. The clear over the gold really set them off. I can see thou I have a lot of touching up to do. I should have masked each color off and spray painted them but that would have taken a lot of time.

Edited by Darren B

IMG_2560.JPG.opt570x570o0%2C0s570x570.JP

the one day I wanted to try to get a good pic in the sun light its over cast now. Had nothing but sun for about three weeks, then an overcast day. I will attempt a better pic when the sun is out. The transparent colors over the gold really glow when in the sun light.