Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revells 1969 Copo Camaro finished in Cortez silver met

IMPALASS89

Hi once again,

I bulit this one about a month ago the Revell 1969 copo Camaro I painted this one in mcw cortez silver met I primered the body #3600 wet sand tacked cloth the body parts then I painted the body in the cortez silver. I had two nice size hairs in the trunk thanks to the cat that got in the basement so I had to sand the body and reshoot the body all over again. Once the cat was up stairs and the door closed I color sanded the body parts ad then cleared them.As the body parts were drying I painted the interior satin black. I then sanded the body parts ont with a lmg polishing kit to a deep shine once this was finished I barefoiled the window trim. The engine was painted in chevrolet orange engine color.Trans was painted in aluminum as I was buliding the model together I didn't want to use the rear spoiler on this bulid alonf\g with the front one too.It went together nice I just whish Revell would have added the exhaust mainfoilds with the kit along with the headder it comes with. Anyway here are the pics and thanks for looking too.

1969CAMAROCOPOSILVER004_zps11a5d7d8.jpg

1969CAMAROCOPOSILVER001_zpsc3016b13.jpg

1969CAMAROCOPOSILVER003_zpsdef66079.jpg

1969CAMAROCOPOSILVER002_zps6faf72fd.jpg

Duane, that looks great. You can never go wrong with silver.

Are you using the macro setting on your camera for these?

what is the Macro ? I have no idea what you are talking about. I have a Kodakeasyshare z1275 camera i bought it had a x5 zoom in if this helps.also hd

Nice looking Camaro and a really nice color !

what is the Macro ? I have no idea what you are talking about. I have a Kodakeasyshare z1275 camera i bought it had a x5 zoom in if this helps.also hd

I use an old Kodak all the time and they work fine . Don't use the " zoom " to the max , it will cause the image to blur like that . just move closer to the model and rest the camera on a solid object . Easyshare cameras don't have a Macro setting but some have a close up setting , again don't get too close or it will blur . Real close "close up" photos don't always look very good anyway ! :)

Edited by TooOld

Nice looking Camaro and a really nice color !

I use an old Kodak all the time and they work fine . Don't use the " zoom " to the max , it will cause the image to blur like that . just move closer to the model and rest the camera on a solid object . Easyshare cameras don't have a Macro setting but some have a close up setting , again don't get too close or it will blur . Real close "close up" photos don't always look very good anyway ! :)

i was going to suggest the same thing closer is not always better.

the camaro looks super and it looks like you got a real nice shine on it everything is spot on. i love it. B)

Edited by jerseyjunker1

What a nice looking Camaro. I especially like the rare color keyed front bumper option. Sure happy that you are now able to post photos here, Duane. You are going to add a lot to this forum...especially in the factory stock category. Now, if you can just fine tune your camera as others have suggested....... :) Fury3

Looks great Duane. I would like to build one myself. I have a Kodak Easy Share camera as well and it does have the macro setting. I leave my camera set on auto and on the top of the camera there is a button that will change the setting to macro. Check the top of the camera for this to see if your camera has it. Also, I never use the flash even when I shoot pics indoors for this will overexpose the pic.

Edited by RandyB.

I have a Kodak Easy Share camera as well and it does have the macro setting. I leave my camera set on auto and on the top of the camera there is a button that will change the setting to macro. Check the top of the camera for this to see if your camera has it. Also, I never use the flash even when I shoot pics indoors for this will overexpose the pic.

Yep me too. My easyshare has one. Look for a symbol that looks like a flower. Usually it will disable the flash as well. Check your users manual.