Model Cars Magazine Forum

2006 Dodge Viper SRT-10

mrmike

• 3 weeks later...

The Story

Judge Darpolos has been processed and is sitting in an interview room with his lawyer Charlotte "Charlie" Rothmann and Det. Lt. Adam Troy and all are being very cooperative with each other. McNally has returned from Commonwealth Chemical Testing Labs with his evidence to add to the Police gathered evidence. In Adam's office, McNally proposes a plan to draw out and capture the true culprits. Adam is starting to believe that the Judge is not a murder suspect but a victim of blackmail and he agrees to McNally's plan, much to Det. Darvell's chargrin.

The Build

After much thought, I have decided to strip the paint and start over again after finding too many flaws in the paint. I have tried to touchup as much as I could and ended up only to make a mess out of the body. All body parts except for the hood are to be stripped.

Viper26.jpg

Viper25.jpg

After looking at the completed chassis with the hood in place, my mind's eye can envision a different body...more like something along the lines of a Lotus Series Seven or a Morgan Aero Supersports sports car.

Viper27.jpg

McNally will return...

Charlie, I just love redoing paint flub ups...NOT!!!

Carl, it depends upon the paint used. For the Viper, I left it soaking for a week. I use the Fume-Free.

The Story

The afternoon TV talk show is interrupted by a special report news report from TV6 News. A brief interview with newscaster Derek Jemmings and Judge Augustus Darpolos. The interview centers on the Judge's decision to leave the bench and his arrest by the Boston Police on charges of murder. The Judge states he did not commit any murder and is cooperating fully with the Police. He was released from custody after paying a hefty bail.

The red Viper arrives at the home of Judge Augustus Darpolos and pulls into the garage with automatic garage closing after the Viper had pulled in. He gets out of the Viper and goes into the house, stopping at the front door to pick up the mail and then proceeding into the kitchen. He pours himself a drink of scotch and soda and heads upstairs to the bedroom. After 20 minutes, the bedroom lights go off. Half an hour later, two masked men wearing all black, enter the house. Each are carrying a silenced Beretta 92 and they silently go up the stairs to the bedroom, quietly open the door and walk in. They both open fire into the Judge's bed emptying their guns and then they quietly walk out only to be surrounded by The Police and McNally, yelling for them to drop their guns.

The Build

After a week of soaking in Easy-Off Oven Cleaner, a quick scrubbing with a scouring pad got me this.

Viper28.jpg

During the process of scrubbing, I broke the windshield frame.

Viper29.jpg

This is an easy fix, but I have to be extra careful while handling the body.

Viper30.jpg

McNally will return...

• 5 weeks later...

The Story

McNally grabs one of the suspects and drags him out to the backyard sets him on his knees and says, "Who do you work for?" The man says nothing and McNally pulls back the slide on his gun and aims it at the suspect's head and repeats the question. The suspect starts to cry and begs for his life and tells McNally the he works for Roberto Solaros. McNally drags the suspect back into the house, cuffed and ready for transport to BPD headquarters. He confers with Lt. Adam Troy who says, "I'll take my suspect downtown and question him. Hopefully he'll give me the same name as you got from yours." "I'm heading up to Solaros' house in Marblehead and I'll sit on the place until I hear from you," says McNally.

The Build

I repainted the Viper this morning. I'm not 100% happy with it, but it is a lot better than it was before.

Viper31.jpg

Viper32.jpg

Viper33.jpg

McNally will return...

• 6 months later...

The Story

McNally parks his car under a tree and away from any street lights while he waits for a detective and backup from the Marblehead Police Dept. A car stops behind his car and a woman gets out and walks up to his car window. She identifies herself as Det. Eve Banner and she has a warrant for Roberto Solaros' arrest. They are going to wait for a squad car and two officers for backup which arrives a few minutes later. They go and knock on Roberto's front door and his greeted by Solaros himself. He greets them by name after reading their nametags until he gets to McNally. "I don't know you, my friend, but welcome to my home!" "You're right, you don't know me and you're under arrest. Face the wall and spread 'em."

The Build

After I repainted the Viper, I lost interest in it and I put it on the back burner. It is unusual for me to put a project on the back burner and after looking at the box sitting on the floor by the bench, I decided to resurrect this build and finish it. I need to finish the body and get the whole thing assembled. After polishing the body to remove any small flaws and smooth out the paint, I polished through the paint on the drivers door and fender and I broke the windshield frame again.

Viper34.jpg

I don't know if you can see it, but there is a thin spot on the hood, so I'm going to have to repaint the hood as well.

Viper35.jpg

And, the side skirts too.

Viper36.jpg

McNally will return...

Thanks for the tip, Del!

The Story

Solaros is taken to Marblehead PD to await transport to Boston PD. McNally calls Lt. Det. Troy and tells him that Solaros is is ready for pickup and how cooperative Marblehead PD has been with the arrest. Adam repies that transport is on its way and should be there soon. Judge Darpolos is waiting at home with his BPD supplied bodyguard and is told of Solaros arrest which he feels is like the weight of the world taken off of his shoulders.

The Build

Finally, the body and hood have been repainted and it looks pretty good.

Viper38.jpg

Viper39.jpg

Viper40.jpg

McNally will return...

The Story

When McNally and Lt. Det. Troy returned to Boston Police Hq., they were met by two special agents from the DEA and Anthony Balling of the Massachusetts District Attorney's Office and they are not happy. Solaros was to have remained under house arrest while the DEA and the DA prepared their case against him. The arguing between McNally, Lt. Troy, the DEA, and the DA continued in Adam Troy's office for several minutes until DA Balling yelled, "Enough! Solaros will remain under house arrest and we go back to where we were before this mess began." McNally looks out the window of Lt. Troy's office in time to see Judge Darpolos and his bodyguard walk into the Squad Room.

The Build

I masked off the body for it's semi-gloss black trim.

Viper41.jpg

Viper42.jpg

Viper43.jpg

McNally will return...