Model Cars Magazine Forum

Soviet Aerosan winter scene

cobraman

I have been kind of burned out on building cars but instead of stopping any building I decided to switch gears and do some military dioramas. This is the first one I have done in about 25 years or so. I can see some things I could have done better and I am trying to learn or re-learn how to do this stuff. The base is just a cheap item from Hobby Lobby ( a bit too small ) . The building remains is a section of balsa wood that was covered with spackling. The tree stump is made from a piece of balsa wood. Ground work was painted and then covered with Woodland Scenics snow. The vehicle which is like a powered sled is a 1/35 Trumpeter kit. It was built and then weathered with a winter whitewash ( could be better ). The sled was used by the Soviets during the Winter War and WW2. It had a 110 hp aviation engine. The skis could also be replaced with a normal wheel and tire for use on land. Any comments or suggestions are welcome. Thanks for looking.

finisheddioramaareosan001_zpsc88ba7f6.jp

finisheddioramaareosan002_zps10132fe0.jp

finisheddioramaareosan003_zpse47f58b3.jp

finisheddioramaareosan004_zps8b87ed8a.jp