zeKEgo5.jpg

UHA1mL1.jpg

XF4YzKL.jpg

PE wing pieces. I will be using the EVO wing

YBUNiF8.jpg

Rivets

cmYm21W.jpg

59tFYjp.jpg

I used the pins in the plastic piece to locate the PE piece. Then I shaved it smooth and drilled a hole for the rivets to go in after it's painted

SGOOKeK.jpg

The hubs. I put everything together but forgot to paint them.

MZm6yFu.jpg

8cUA0PJ.jpg

The I separated the hubs from the rotors. I painted the hubs, then sanded down the tops of the bolts to make them pop. Then I did a wash on the rotors to give the holes some depth.

wWx56Hx.jpg

I painted the calipers, then washed them.

6NHC9Qb.jpg

Mq0HElb.jpg

Edited by Quick GMC

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I got a little more done on this one. This isn't the color I was hoping for, it is supposed to be more red, but I think it will work. 

I painted the chassis, then started the very tedious task of masking the certain area that needed to be painted. Blue Tack is a life saver. If you don't have it, get some. It's like Silly Putty, but sticky. 

first the wheel wells

Then the engine

Then the engine cover

I punched out some BMF and applied it to the 3 pneumatic jacks to make them stand out. 

Then the weathering and suspension parts. Only cell phone pics for now. I will take nicer pics when I am done. 

Here is the color the chassis started with, without the clearcoat. The body will be the same color

Still need the one cover on the chassis and the exhuast, and that part will be done. Next is the interior with the wiring and details, then on to the body. 

got a little bit more done, but still a ways to go. I didn't like the molded in detail, so I shaved off the door detail and made new handles and pull straps 

Not 100% done, but got the general shape

Took some thin sheet styrene and sliced it up, I will add bolt detail when I mount these, these are the pull straps to shut the door

I bought these tiny magnets a while ago, they are really strong. I got them to embed into the plastic to be unseen, which is what I did here. I mounted them, then filled the voids and gaps with super glue. Should be invisible when all painted. These surfaces don't mate directly together, but they are still strong enough to hold on

Very difficult to mount these, you can't use tweezers because they won't come off

Got them mounted to the body and the engine cover

Just strong enough to hold it on. However, i think I may have a problem now, because when just sitting in place, it tilts towards the rear with the magnetic pull, and it will be worse with the photo etched wing pieces. I may have to do magnets in the front now. 

I am considering hacking up the exhaust to replace the bland kit turbos with these 3D printed turbos from TDR. I have to primer them and see how much detail I can get out of them first. 

deg2kRD.jpg?1

Edited by Quick GMC