Model Cars Magazine Forum

Background diorama / Flatheads to Boxers Engine Rebuilders : new tool, new room

landman

1 hour ago, Anglia105E said:

Beautiful Alfa engine there, Pat....... and the ' employee ' has no excuse for not working at the workbench, now that his arms are in the right place.

The other guy looks like he could be using a mobile phone, or maybe writing something on a notepad.....

David

I think that is what he's doing, however I intend to make him examine a small part, like a carb.

The first of your two photos is particularly interesting, Pat...... the guy in the blue shirt looks very realistic, especially the hair style. The distance and the angle from your camera has created a convincing composition.

I wish the others were as detailed as he is. The only other one who comes close is the big guy. 

• 2 weeks later...

I like the plans on the table, Pat....... and the two guys discussing the next project. As regards the photo of the Ferrari engine, I did not notice the front cover was not the same colour as your model engine..... I thought you might like it as a reference photo.

David

I like the plans on the table, Pat....... and the two guys discussing the next project. As regards the photo of the Ferrari engine, I did not notice the front cover was not the same colour as your model engine..... I thought you might like it as a reference photo.

David

It is one of those I used. thanks for the thought.

So the boys at FTB gathered the following: 

• Part of an internet router
  • Some Meng nuts
  • Styrene channel & flat bar
  • Round rod from a sprue
  • A couple of scrap truck chassis pieces
  • A pill bottle cap
  • Caps from blood sugar lancets

They became a specialized engine stand.

IMG_9969.JPG

IMG_9970.JPG

IMG_9971.JPG

Edited by landman

On 2/10/2020 at 8:56 AM, 72 Charger said:

While I love your workshop I feel the guys with the hats dont quite fit in and the guy with the white t-shirt need some steel toe cap boots on . Those grey sneekers would not be aloud in any workshop.

Love you work BTW

Thank you Dave.The guys with the hats aren't workers, at least the one with the gray hat, he is the Boss. I've been looking for guys in coveralls but other than the racing scene ones and/or the ones in the garage sets I haven't found any. And I find the ones from the sets aren't as realistic. 

Edited by landman