Model Cars Magazine Forum

Background diorama / Flatheads to Boxers Engine Rebuilders : new tool, new room

landman

Started cutting tonight on the pallet truck. Turns out the drawing came out to scale, so I just copy directly. Rummaged for bits to use as well as the regular styrene bits. The wheel hub is a slice from an old internet router housing screw post and the tire is a slice from a cheap tire pressure gauge barrel.

IMG_9724.JPG

Went to Wal-Mart this morning and there was the same truck stting in an aisle. Now I know why I could not figure the drawing. There are two wheels, one on either side of part 27, and they only show one.. So I can start again or use my improvised design above. We'll see.

Pallet truck.jpg

standard-2200kg-pallet-truck-p751-3276_image.jpg

7 hours ago, landman said:

Went to Wal-Mart this morning and there was the same truck stting in an aisle. Now I know why I could not figure the drawing. There are two wheels, one on either side of part 27, and they only show one.. So I can start again or use my improvised design above. We'll see.

Pallet truck.jpg

standard-2200kg-pallet-truck-p751-3276_image.jpg

Maybe the drawing relates to a Mk I version of the palette truck, and the one you saw in Wal-Mart was a MK II version?...... just guessing.

David

On 12/1/2019 at 9:32 AM, Anglia105E said:

Much easier to move heavy engine cylinder blocks around the shop floor now, eh Pat?

David

Yes. Before there were places the fork lift couldn't access and they had to transfer stuff to dollies etc. Now they can bring it just about anywhere.

Edited by landman

40 minutes ago, landman said:

A Porsche engine was on the forklift anticipating the arrival of the customer. However, he showed up in a Bonneville pickup with no tailgate. The engine will have to be switched to the hoist.

DSC_0009.JPG

I do like this photo, Pat..... and it tells a story, which is entirely plausible. I have a '70 Bonneville kit that allows the building of that pickup or the convertible version, which was a donor kit for the Pontiac Parisienne conversion. That is a nicely setup scene that you have put together, and the Porsche engine will be hoisted into the pickup without any fuss. The guy with the clipboard seems to fit well into almost any scenario that you can devise.

David

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...