Model Cars Magazine Forum

1930 Mack AK Rigging truck, and AC dumper

Terry,

I think I would go with a little bit of a stretch! But I really like what I see hear. That chain is a real nice detail. What size would that chain be on the 1 to 1 ??

Gator, this is a 1:8 motorcycle chain. The 1:1 chain on the truck looks to be 1.25" wide or bigger, but Im guessing.

be Well

Gator

Terry,

I think I would go with a little bit of a stretch! But I really like what I see hear. That chain is a real nice detail. What size would that chain be on the 1 to 1 ??

be Well

Gator

Gator, this is a 1:8 motorcycle chain. The 1:1 chain on the truck looks to be 1.25" wide or bigger, but Im guessing.

Terry,

Wow! What an AWESOME build! Love the super CLEAN building style, details and conversion! The kit definitely lends itself to modification as you and Charlie have clearly shown. Will continue following this one! Makes me want to push all of my projects aside and start an interesting fire service conversion.

David

Got a Mack Ac fire truck David. Will post some pics.

Charlie

Here's the Mack AC I did back in 2007. Was the first of a 6 part build that had the rig first as a piece of fire apparatus and finally ended up as a rusting hulk in a field. Five others built the remaining parts of the project.

attachicon.gif1927 Mack AC Tremont FD.JPG

Now I remember this truck! Another fine example of Charlie's craftsmanship! It was also great to follow along the "history" of this truck's life in miniature 3-D! What a great way to tell a story!

David

Now I remember this truck! Another fine example of Charlie's craftsmanship! It was also great to follow along the "history" of this truck's life in miniature 3-D! What a great way to tell a story!

David

They were at NNL East in 2007. They made the cover of MC magazine as well as a feature article a few months later.

I spent the better part of two hours cleaning up the resin wheels today. I cut out the spaces in the spoke rims, cut out the backs of the front wheels, and blended all the seems and just got them smooth. I want to be able to see through the front wheels, and not black out the background.

2E0B52D8-8E90-43F1-9836-6DD88DF38F02_zps

B2CD6957-7D22-4332-925F-7227EB55C3A0_zps

BE0901CF-D6F5-4803-92FC-7F29A6C59580_zps