Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ferrari 308 GT Rainbow

signmike

Designed by Bertone in the 80's this car looks a bit weird but was the design trend of that era. The Fiat XI-9 is another example.

I bought this Revell kit for 5 bucks with a missing windshield. I decided to build it so it could complement my exotic car collection.

Ferrari308GTRainbow3-vi.jpg

Ferrari308GTRainbow2-vi.jpg

Ferrari308GTRainbow1-vi.jpg

Ferrari308GTRainbow6-vi.jpg

it is no doubt a unique part of automotive history. I'm sure it will look great with a line of other concept cars from the '80s. I've always loved the boxy squared off cars like that for some reason.

Looks like something Pontiac designed

post-10541-0-54801800-1428943532.jpg

Edited by rsxse240

I think that's the best part, love that its different. I also love signmike's color choice, very very cool.

While I struggle to finish my very first build and post it, I've been inspired to now find this kit.

There is an MPC kit on fleeBay but its a partial build and unsure if complete parts.

Still, I'll keep looking!

Now that's a kit I've never seen built before. seen the MPC/ Airfix version but didn't know Revell even did one. Looks exactly the same which is kinda disappointing as the real car looks much better than the kit versions.

You did a great job on the kit though and the color you chose suits it perfectly. Looks like it would fit fight in on the original Battlestar Galacta serise.

BTW, the real car was built in 1976.

Did'nt know when it was built. Did not do a research on the car... I checked my boxes and I made a mistake when I said it was a Revell, The one I built was a Heller kit and the glue bomb I have is effectively an MPC. Some guys are really good in here...Thanks for your interest

IMG_2628copie-vi.jpg

776Ferrari308GTRainbow1-vi.jpg

Edited by signmike