Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jean-Jacques Lillette's Amazing GM Futurliner

Every year Jean-Jacques Lillette travels from France to NNL East. His English isn't that good so it's difficult to have a conversation, but he's big into US 1950s everything! This year he surprised everyone by bringing a GM Futurliner that started with a rough resin he bought on eBay. We think this is one of the Joel Dirnberger pieces. Anyway, this was such a sight that our club agreed to award him "The Joe Cavorley Award - the model Joe would've appreciated most". Joe was a master truck builder and really would have enjoyed seeing this model in person!

2015cavorley1.jpg

2015cavorley2.jpg

The above photos are my two quick shots taken for the NNL East results page. Below is the entire build album, that he has posted on Facebook. I believe you will need to log into Facebook to see. If there are enough people who cannot see, how we can upload this album onto our Fotki page.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.487231108094523.1073741854.131240630360241&type=1

Excellent job Jean-Jacques! This is my first Futurliner kit to be finished by a customer. I'm so proud!

This isn't from Joel Dirnberger, it's one of my resin pieces. Wasn't rough at all, but required scratchbuilding or kitbashing to finish

Hi Robert, it was a pleasure meeting you at GSL and I am truly sorry I missed your seminar on resin kits. I can attest that the smoothness of the resin, topped with the outrageous design is what attracted me to it. I'm actually looking forward to the work required to complete this monster. Thanks for your email address. It's mine as soon as I get settled into my new place next month.

Maybe it'll be on sale???????

• 4 months later...

I had never seen this message, thank you Tom for that message and thank you for giving me your club. With a computer and an internet connection, I could talk with you, I took classes and I understand better and better. But my English speaking is terrible! Fortunately my friend Dan, tell me. Hoping to see you very soon

Un big thank all for the comment.

Edited by zelkam