Model Cars Magazine Forum

Old kits never die, they just get better... : 66 Galaxie convertible

mangodart

Hi guys

not very present these days on the forum as I'm working on a 1/1. Anyway, here is my last model : a 66 Galaxie from AMT, an original from 66 which I bought as a glue and paint bomb. I don't know which glue has been used in this time but it was a mess to restore, and the body went on multiple pieces !!!!!

So here it is, not my best work but considering the way it was before I start working on it, I'm quite happy. I will surely restore the chrome parts next time !!!

My inspiration for this one came from the car David Vincent drove in the TV show, searching after uncommon people with fingers problems.... :lol:

DSC08884_zpsn1qumdyt.jpg

DSC08885_zpsp4sqozuj.jpg

DSC08886_zps60kj1o7z.jpg

DSC08887_zpshei5g276.jpg

Now that's a Car, with a capital C.

7 Litre convertibles are very very rare.

Don't worry, the "dog dish" hubcaps were also used on Galaxies (Custom 500s and Country Sedans, to be more precise) and were a common ad on back in the day. They were known as "hi-po" whubcaps.

Just one thing: the back of the bucket seats is supposed to be the same color as the seats, not the darker tone of the accents.

Just one thing: the back of the bucket seats is supposed to be the same color as the seats, not the darker tone of the accents.

Thanks for the comments, I've detailed the interior after doing some research, and a nice pic off the back bucket seats ;)

66%20galaxie%20interoir_zps0nj7uvix.jpg

Thanks for the comments, I've detailed the interior after doing some research, and a nice pic off the back bucket seats ;)

66%20galaxie%20interoir_zps0nj7uvix.jpg

That's the problem with restored cars. They have wrong things.

Take a look at this unrestored '66:

6309661093_4a3015780a_o.jpgGalaxie Friends Anniversary by Lovefordgalaxie, on Flickr

Also this one, that is an actaual 7 Litre:

13279991363_e6ea329794_o.jpg1966 Ford Galaxie 500 7 Litre by Lovefordgalaxie, on Flickr

The darker vinyl, or accent vinyl is perforated while the normal vinyl is not.

I really like your document !!! B) Don't you think they do a different way on red interior ?? :blink:

Sorry, but no :P

Anyway, it's not something hard to fix.

At my Flickr I have an album only with brochures for the '66 Fords. Nice source of reference.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/lovefordgalaxie/sets/72157649929220044/