Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Construction of my 426 Supercharger Hemi Alcohol Engine

The Construction of my 426 Supercharger Hemi Alcohol Engine

Construction began with the block proceeded to the heads and blower manifold. A Kobelco supercharger was made. I used valve cover made by Scale Repro Plus which I modified with bolts. The block and heads, blower manifold and oil pan were all made using the softest aluminum possible. This is 2011. The injection system is all scratch built from aluminum stock, barrel valve, injector hat block, manifold block, fuel pump system and alternator with a Crank support. This engine is running a electrical water pump scratch built large capacity oil pump connected to a high volume oil filter. The bird catcher is a modified Scale Repro Plus. The ProMag body is by Terry at MAS,as are the top and bottom pulleys. They are modified all modified with socket head by RB Motion. The blower cover for the front and back are all done with socket heads detail. The idler pulley and bracket are scratch done with bolts and nuts. The crank support is all scratch built. The alternator is by Terry at MAS. The belts are from Model Car Garage. The trigger wheel is by Scott at Futurattraction. The blower belt is from Terry at MAS.

Construction of Lenco CS 1 Transmission

With the exception of the shifter levers and the rod towers by Scott the remainder of the Lenco is from scratch. I decided to do the manual over the servo tower style.

Thanks for your interest.

post-7058-0-50092500-1430609850_thumb.jp

John,

Thank you for your compliment on my work. It much appreciated.

Randy,

I saw both of your models on the GSL site on you-tube,"Adventures in Soldering:The Ford GT40 Project and your Rat Rod tow-truck on top

of that Machinest Chest. Randy you belong in that elite group of modelers here in the U.S.

I am humbled by your comments about my engine and transmission work. Much continued success on your two projects.

Best,

Ron

Here are some other images of the engine, crankshaft bearing support, idler arm and pulley and construction of the and Lenco transmission concept. After making the first Lenco, I was incorrect and this would need to be scraped. The magnesium cases were all the same size. The one image I am providing shows the same concept, but I used a single precision aluminum ground rod to simulate the three cases. The difference can be seen be seen with both images.

Thanks for your interest

Ron

1-20-15%20001_zps1qy1on1h.jpg1-16-15%20002_zpsahr9huay.jpg1-16-15%20004_zpsmj31pdqh.jpg1-21-15%20002_zpskjey2jfk.jpg

Michael,

Wonderful job on your Nostalgic 33 Willy's and the progress you are making on your Bantam Fuel Altered. Thanks for viewing the engine

and Lenco Transmission.

Harry,

Great job on the vintage models the Pocher Alfa Romeo, and Bugatti. Thanks for your input on my engine.

Best,

Ron

Hi Ron,

I keep coming back to have a peek and everything fits together just right. The parts all match wonderfully, everywhere the scale seems really spot on.

Take for instance the valve cover work. I can see in one of the pics the bolts you used to fasten them to the heads, and the spark plug boots and the wires look great. What size (maybe in mm?) did you use for the wires and for some of the nuts and bolts? Also, could you give some insight about the plug boots, like what material? Would you have any pics of the build itself?

I really like what you've shown here and every area shows what can be done and gives me great incentive to expand my possibilities and maybe I could apply a few things piece by piece, step for step. I see with the motor I'm working on that even small aftermarket parts or small parts done in metal can really change the appearance of an engine, be it small bolts or wires, or something metal looking can be a boost as well. These are things that I like to see, and do.

Thanks for showing.

Michael

Michael,

Appreciate your interest. Wanted to tell you what a fantastic job you did on those wheels. Your Bantam Fuel Altered is sure coming along nicely.

The hardware I use is from both Scale Hardware .08mm for valve covers, and RB Motion (Socket Head #1711) for the blower end covers . I also used RB Motion spark plugs and recessed them in the valve covers so just the tip was showing. I used a little larger black wire I had and split the copper wire out. RB Motions also makes spark plug, but for the life of me I was unable to find a adhesive. I also would recommend getting the Irwin 61 to 81 drill set. Irwin/Hansen for the money I have found them a very good drill set. Because you are in Europe it would not be worth it to purchase aluminum from here in the U.S. Not having a mill, I use 2011 which machinist call cheese. I am going try 6061 but I only have a dremel tool and floor grinder and large set of vintage files. So I struggle to get things square. My sources are McMaster Carr and BobDude6061 on eBay. The idler arm and pulley I needed to make myself,but the other two pulleys and belt are from MAS that Ted handles.

Best,

Ron

mcmaster Carr .com

6061dude

rbmotion.com

scalehardware.com/

tedsmodelingmarketplace.com/