Model Cars Magazine Forum

Exterior is a Aztec gold base with Alclad Candy Purple, and Candy Blue for the flames and fenders. The paint mask for the flames yielded great flames but left a horrible adhesive residue that didn't come completely off.

Apologies for the shoddy quality of the pic, I used my tablet instead of normal camera.

post-11420-0-60073000-1431565131_thumb.j

post-11420-0-98029800-1431565147_thumb.j

Chris nice work on the stretch and I like your colors that you used on your flames. I used the same flame template from Lazy Modeler and had to the same problem but was able to get the residue off with a Q-Tip then clear coated. Looking forward to seeing more progress.

Thanks for all the kind remarks and replies. I've really learned a lot from looking at many of your builds. Hoping as I build a few ore trucks I'll be able to detail them like I do my cars.

Did a little more this evening. The overhead interior sleeper light is wired. The battery will be under the bunk, which is why I opened the doors. Got them fitted and hinged.

The hood is not wanting to line up correctly so gonna need to do some tinkering....more pics soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, yeah....That lip at the front of the cab just before the windshield in front of the wipers has to be cut clean off for the hood to fit properly....Everybody's had the same issue with that.....I missed it completely on my first Lonestar....It can be cut any time before you fit it to the chassis without destroying a lot of stuff....

Anyway....Love what you have, so far.....The light is a great idea....I just made my roofs removable to be able to show off that great interior, but I may just try a light, next time....Great work....

Edited by kilrathy10

LOL !!!!! Sorry, Man....Didn't catch this until you had already painted it..... It's not as bad as it sounds.....The model will still look good, regardless....Here's the thread of my first attempt, where I didn't cut it off.....It's not so bad, really....

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=83369

Edited by kilrathy10

• 2 weeks later...