Model Cars Magazine Forum

Shizuoka Hobby Show 2015

Stealing the engine from a period Chevy should do it for anyone wanting to add full detail under the hood. Toyota based their first engine on the GM "Stovebolt" I-6. They continued to use this engine in various evolved forms until 1993 when the 3F was dropped from the Land Cruiser.

The F engine in my '69 Land Cruiser is nearly identical to the engine in my '52 GMC, the major visible differences being more modern fuel, oil and air filters in the Toyota. That and the need for metric wrenches on the Toyota, SAE on the GMC.

There are photos of the Type A engine used in this car, so shouldn't be too hard for someone to fabricate the proper aircleaner and such (well not too hard in comparison to adding all the under hood bits anyway, doing full detail will likely be a chore).

The engine from the old MPC '32 Chevrolet Cabriolet would be the proper one to use.

The engine from the old MPC '32 Chevrolet Cabriolet would be the proper one to use.

or maybe the one out of the 37 chevy that's just been re-released. or the 50 pickup or the 51 hardtop?

(I just remember those better and they're easier to find)

or maybe the one out of the 37 chevy that's just been re-released. or the 50 pickup or the 51 hardtop?

Those are the later Stovebolt six, someone mentioned the Toyota engine is more like an earlier Chevy 6 (which the MPC 32 Chevy kit had)

No, completely different engine. The Toyota A Type engine was loosely based on the 1929-1936 Chevrolet. The 216 found in the '37 Chevy kits and the '50 pickup and '51 kits didn't com out in the 1:1 until '37.

Rob, everything but the Sunny and the pre painted Crowns are diecast, I would love to get the Skyine Q50 , but I think its 1:18th scale, hell, I would like to get the 1:1

Junkman, if you are going to post non model kits here , please indicate that, or dont , this is not the section for it, post them in the diecast section please.

Edited by martinfan5

Junkman, if you are going to post non model kits here , please indicate that, or dont , this is not the section for it, post them in the diecast section please.

I'm not sure what they are. I can't read Japanese.

Oops. Probably need new glasses.

They do look really nice , I really like the Infinit Q50. I wish the photo of it showed the tag, curious as to what the price is , I am sure its close to the Crown that has a 15,000Y price

Where did you find the photos at ?

Edited by martinfan5

Its a reissue, its based on a Nissan Safari, that is about as much as I know

Here is a Machine translated info on the kit

"What is Safari? ... The first 111 episodes of January 3, 1982 broadcast was first appeared in the marching orders & Special Vehicle `` safari], Directive cars SWAT vehicle Corps.

- But until now was almost the production of only safari, this time it is the version with a long time of [tank cars].

- Until the last year of March to June, vehicle (Safari only) has been exhibited at Yokohama Nissan Global Headquarters Gallery."

Here is the kit from the last time it was issued, you can see more of the kit

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10066905

It's the Nissan Safari mobile command unit and tank trailer from the 1980s Japanese television series Seibu Keisatsu.

It was a slightly sci fi police action series. They also had a fleet of specially equipped Skyline RS Turbos and a golden 280 ZX with gullwing doors.

Ok so fictional. Still kind of neat, I bet I could find something to do with it.