Model Cars Magazine Forum

Shizuoka Hobby Show 2015

shizuoka-hobby-show-2015_zpsdgrxdzd0.jpg

Its that time of the year again , the Shizuoka Hobby Show , it runs from the 14th-17th, and it is officially Thursday in Japan, going to be a good show , and as soon as the photos start showing up, I will get them posted of all the new stuff coming our way.

Some more photos, these come from Masahiko Nakasone

11246475_1645119952366139_16673028462067

10177419_1645119969032804_35342262478806

Too bad that for such a significant car (for the Japanese automotive history, anyway) they didn't design it with a complete engine.

Or was the engine a too troublesome unit :P

Edited by Luc Janssens

Too bad that for such a significant car (for the Japanese automotive history, anyway) they didn't design it with a complete engine.

Or was the engine a too troublesome unit :P

I suspect since the actual Toyoda AA that Toyota owns, and this kit is designed from is a bit of a homemade Frankensaloon rebuilt from several sets of factory plans after no original ones could be found, nobody knows exactly what the top end of the engine REALLY looked like enough to make a model of it.

I suspect since the actual Toyoda AA that Toyota owns, and this kit is designed from is a bit of a homemade Frankensaloon rebuilt from several sets of factory plans after no original ones could be found, nobody knows exactly what the top end of the engine REALLY looked like enough to make a model of it.

It's a running driving 1-1 replica made from the factory blueprints....

google it,they let Jay Leno "test" it..

Stealing the engine from a period Chevy should do it for anyone wanting to add full detail under the hood. Toyota based their first engine on the GM "Stovebolt" I-6. They continued to use this engine in various evolved forms until 1993 when the 3F was dropped from the Land Cruiser.

The F engine in my '69 Land Cruiser is nearly identical to the engine in my '52 GMC, the major visible differences being more modern fuel, oil and air filters in the Toyota. That and the need for metric wrenches on the Toyota, SAE on the GMC.

There are photos of the Type A engine used in this car, so shouldn't be too hard for someone to fabricate the proper aircleaner and such (well not too hard in comparison to adding all the under hood bits anyway, doing full detail will likely be a chore).

Edited by Aaronw