Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Revell NASCAR kits

martinfan5

How bout $200+ snappers?  Check out Bandai's sci-fi kits.   With today's design and molding technology there's no good reason why every kit shouldn't be a snap kit.   

On the new Moebius Ford pick-up kits most of the chassis will dry fit together and stay assembled......so yes....between fit and positive locators modern kits should. 

Another look at the body, I have no idea where this came from, someone on FB posted it in the NASCAR group
12246628_10208346267883545_5806615888993

It was brought by Revell to the GTR Auto Modelers meeting last Saturday, November 7.  I was there along with other members.  The individual posting it is the GTR Club Secretary who shot a photo of it along with items brought by members.  The body displayed a thinner passenger side B pillar than driver side.  From our NASCAR aficionados, that is a correct depiction.

I cut my teeth on NASCAR kits growing up, I just might just have to get one of these and strip, paint and decal one. I like the idea of not having an engine to slow down a build,  I used to glue my hoods shut half the time anyway. I'm certainly no Clay Kemp.  Just hope the wheel/tire package looks good. 

I cut my teeth on NASCAR kits growing up, I just might just have to get one of these and strip, paint and decal one. I like the idea of not having an engine to slow down a build,  I used to glue my hoods shut half the time anyway. I'm certainly no Clay Kemp.  Just hope the wheel/tire package looks good. 

Same here, thats all I built when I was kid/teen,  love me some NASCAR kits ,  I am perfectly ok with the first ones being a curb side.

It was brought by Revell to the GTR Auto Modelers meeting last Saturday, November 7.  I was there along with other members.  The individual posting it is the GTR Club Secretary who shot a photo of it along with items brought by members.  The body displayed a thinner passenger side B pillar than driver side.  From our NASCAR aficionados, that is a correct depiction.

Thank you for adding the info behind the photo.

Same here, thats all I built when I was kid/teen,  love me some NASCAR kits ,  I am perfectly ok with the first ones being a curb side.

I grew up in Martinsville, VA within earshot of the track.  It was hard not to. NASCAR kits were  everywhere, chain stores, mom & pop stores, Flea markets, etc, and then twice a year the race came to town and there were vendors selling all sorts of stuff. Our LHS had reams of decals.  Was a fun childhood. 

I wish I had brought my camera to take more detail photos from various angles.  I am not a NASCAR fan, but those that are could make a better assessment.  The obvious thing to me was the molded hood which likely means a curbside/snap kit.

the first releases will be snaptite max's.   they will eventually do glue kits as well. read back a few pages and there is a post with this information.

I grew up in Martinsville, VA within earshot of the track.  It was hard not to. NASCAR kits were  everywhere, chain stores, mom & pop stores, Flea markets, etc, and then twice a year the race came to town and there were vendors selling all sorts of stuff. Our LHS had reams of decals.  Was a fun childhood. 

My teen years were spent within a ear shot Phoenix Intl Raceway ,  this just happens to be me

• 4 weeks later...

I picked one up today, no pics, but very similar to AMTs COT kit. Nice too see Revell made it in the correct scale. 1/24. Detail is good but still very simplified. Thinking I might do a Cole Whitts KFC ride, haven't done a stock car in 10 years