Model Cars Magazine Forum

1912 Henderson motorcycle. Bike is finished 5-25

Going to work on this next while the paint dries on my car. In keeping with my want to build different subjects I decided to go with this kit. It's a 1/16 scale 1912 Henderson Model A by Aoshima. Looks like there is way too much chrome in the kit but I will do some research and see what photo's I can come up with.

latestchapperalandbike002_zpsfe9828e6.jp

Edited by cobraman

Photos I find show some shiny bits be they nickle or whatever. How would I show a difference between chrome and nickle say on the handle bars ? Lots of parts like the wheels will be stripped and painted black. I so want to paint this thing red but all photo's I find show it as black so...... black it shall be.

Finished this one up a bit ago. Not a great kit but not terrible either. Had problems with the decals probably due to the age of the kit. I should have coated them first. Had a few problems during the build but they could have been due to me and not the kit. Far from perfect but good enough to earn a place in a cabinet. Comments welcome pro or con.

finalhenderson001_zpsd8417184.jpg

finalhenderson002_zps315d897b.jpg

finalhenderson003_zpsceeca4ce.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Very nice looking motorcycle. Looks like you worked the decals and finishes out super. I have this kit, and without looking at the box I believe there are 2-3 other kits in the Vintage series. I know there is a Harley-Davidson kit.

Again great job.

Jeff