Model Cars Magazine Forum

1952 Ford F7 is finished

Charles I hope you won't mind but I showed you pictures to a CAL FIRE wild land fire suppression team I am working with. They were ALL very impressed, and the older guys all had stories of driving rigs like yours. I am sorry that you couldn't hear their kind words, "incredible", "impressive", "a beaut", "exciting", "legendary". It's been 3 hours and every one is still talking about it. Just thought you should know you've made a lot had working people happy, a bright point in a rough day. Again I really hope you do no mind, If you do I offer my sincerest apology as I meant no harm.

Jonathan W

Jonathan: I am pleased that you passed on the information. No apologies required. You fellas on the west side do things a bit different that we do back in the old east. Our terrain and vegetation is no where near as dramatic as yours but we can get some pretty intense natural cover fires on occasion. If you or anyone else has questions or would like to see some other similar rigs, both real and in model form let me know. I'd love to share them.

Thanks, Jurgen: It did receive quite a bit of looking over in the "In Progress" section with over 5600 views since it was first introduced in early February. It's not the usual subject matter for a lot of response and that is ok. It was fun to do and it represents a small amount of local history. The company that built the actual truck in 1952 is no longer in business but it was located only about 12 miles (19 km) away from where I live. And I personally remember it from having been a fire fighter for many years starting at a young age when the truck was only 5-6 years old. At the time it was considered to be one of the better brush fire rigs around.