Model Cars Magazine Forum

Gimme 5 automotive subjects you'd like to see reissued

I'd like to see Revell combine the 1970 Road Runner interior with the 1970 SuperBird. That 'GTX' interior with the 'Bird, while technically correct, isn't truly representative of how most 'Birds were fitted. 

Make it a 2-in-1: both interior options (assuming that the '70 GTX interior hasn't been irreversibly modified) , and some period-correct custom wheels & tyres (I vote for Motor Wheels Spyders).

1 hour ago, catpack68 said:

Revell 70 Hemi or Sox&Martin Cuda

Revell 67 Camaro

If not in the S&M livery, at least a 'Street Freak' or even a plain P/S. I'd even go as far as hoping for a Torqueflite and/or 440 with single four barrel and Six Barrel induction options.

The last issue of the '67 Camaro was the Nickey 427 a few years ago. Certainly I'm not alone in hoping that the car returns (with interior options -- the Nickey version has the Custom [?] interior) in perhaps --get this-- Dana 427 livery (with the L71 engine --sans A.I.R. Pump) .

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, deuces wild said:

Yep! I never did get a chance at ordering the Nickey Camaro kit

It's a great looking kit. The engine has dual fours on a medium-rise intake; headers as well, IIRC. My only 'complaint' is the presence of the A.I.R. Pump (same as the phantom 1969 427 COPO Nova and the '67 SS-396 Camaro -- the earlier Revell Mark IV's are sans the 'pump).

On 2/5/2022 at 5:49 PM, Ace-Garageguy said:

I'm late to this particular party, but it sure seems like every time I've seen a list anything like that in the past, the chorus starts singing that none of that stuff is "relevant" anymore, it would only appeal to past-it geezers with one foot in the grave, and that trainloads of money should be poured into new tooling for soulless, lookalike or downright ugly late-model shiboxes instead. 

People would stand in line to get models of this, right?

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP._rofBvK64VsbxNHRmMLGeAHaFf%26pid%3DApi&f=1                                             

I think some of the recent exotics and concept cars would do well, but the point is still valid.   Who wants relevant?  I can get all the relevant I want just by looking outside.  Give me something that I'm not going to see on every street corner.   I certainly don't care how many options you can make your '68 Borin Gazelle into, and I care even less that your dad owned one.

I find it interesting that Italeri thinks it's worth cutting a set of moulds for a 1/12 scale Bugatti 35, even though all the self proclaimed "experts" keep telling us that there is no demand for either prewar cars, or large scale kits.   Maybe when we tell the kit makers what we want, we shouldn't worry so much about what the "experts" think.