Model Cars Magazine Forum

Duty Sucks

Just want to say , thank you for your service! Also, don't worry about ghosts, if you actually did really experience one, it'd just be proof of life after death. I've been in some creepy places but have never experienced a haunt in such a way that I could unequivocally state I had seen a ghost. I do live next door to a graveyard, btw... :lol:

only of being yourself my love

Couldnt stay awake long enough to take the joke all the way..

Raul, if I would have stayed awake long enough you would be rolling right now.

Just want to say , thank you for your service! Also, don't worry about ghosts, if you actually did really experience one, it'd just be proof of life after death. I've been in some creepy places but have never experienced a haunt in such a way that I could unequivocally state I had seen a ghost. I do live next door to a graveyard, btw... :lol:

Well I thank you for your support. Its not so much that I am worried about ghosts, its that it wouldnt be so bad if this buildning didnt make all these noises.

And I could not live next to a grave yard, I wouldnt go to the other side of my church at night because of the grave yard. Not a real fan of them if you can get the picture.

At least you have a building to guard. My first guard duties were out in the middle of a jungle. Every leave on a tree can be imagined as somebody with a gun aimed at you. Actually after I got back stateside I did have an interesting guard session. There was a building that I had to pull four hours shifts in. I was locked in and was told to read or just find something to do. One night the O.D. came to check on me, and I'd brought a model to work on. He saw it and I expected to catch heck for it, but instead he spent almost an hour talking models. He was also a modeler, but was into military models. Keep up the good work, and don't worry about those ghosts. You're just continuing to protect what they've already given their lives to protect. They're just there to keep you company.

At least you have a building to guard. My first guard duties were out in the middle of a jungle. Every leave on a tree can be imagined as somebody with a gun aimed at you. Actually after I got back stateside I did have an interesting guard session. There was a building that I had to pull four hours shifts in. I was locked in and was told to read or just find something to do. One night the O.D. came to check on me, and I'd brought a model to work on. He saw it and I expected to catch heck for it, but instead he spent almost an hour talking models. He was also a modeler, but was into military models. Keep up the good work, and don't worry about those ghosts. You're just continuing to protect what they've already given their lives to protect. They're just there to keep you company.

Yeah...like I said, you could be in a lot worse place. :D

I'm sure that Ani and David are glad that you're nearby.

Guest zebm1

Yu'll know yur in truble when yu drift off to slumberland, then wake up and find yur model is half done.......ooooooooWEEEEEEEEuuuuuuuuuu.......Twilight Zone. :lol::lol::lol:

Hi, Clayton. As others have already said, thanks for your service. My oldest brother and youner brother were both Marines. My oldest brother is retired, but teaches electronics to marines at Twentynine Palms. I've been fortunate to visit there three times, and really enjoyed it. Twice my wife and I drove from Las Vegas and once we drove from San Diego. Having grown up here in South Carolina my whole life, the desert was a whole 'nother experience. We went up into Joshua Tree and went to Key's Lookout. The desert is pretty, in a stark kind of way, but I like seeing green. Anyway, thanks again for your service to this great country of ours.

who is your brother?

And you liked 29 Palms?

His name is William "Butch" Pelfrey. He's about 5'9", 60 years old now, bald with big ears. He was stationed out there in 1980 to teach electronics. He retired, and the Marines hired him back as a civilian contractor. He put in 22 years, did 13 months in South Viet Nam in the mid '60's, and did a tour of Turkey and Okinawa. He had a couple of years as a recruiter in New Orleans, too.

Yeah, I did like 29 Palms. But, unlike you, I was only there for a week, in the spring, and I had the option of leaving!! I really enjoyed the oasis at the Inn at 29 Palms. It is very pretty.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, well, well. That time of the month again, and no its not what you think. Yes its duty time. Havent been posting much. For that matter havent even looked at a model except to do a few things here and there. Been working long hours to get ready for my bosses up-coming excerise in Yuma, Az. And I mean LONG hours. More than 12 hour days. To answer anyones question, no I am not going any where as of yet. I got my Peterbuilt here and a chevy dually to work on if I even feel like doing it. Well, back to the TV for me.

Now which anniversary you talking about? I have 2. Just like I have 2 birthdays. I have already had one anniversary which has to do with an over 6yr pay raise. The next big one is on December 6th. Birthday is on Jan 30th and Marine Corps Birthday is on the 10th of November, but you should have known that. :)