Model Cars Magazine Forum

1965 Ford Falcon Ranchero (Trumpeter 1:25)

artecar24

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Great looking build, the level of paint detailing is exceptional. I also think it would look better with  wheels in the 15 inch to no more than 17 inch diameter would look more realistic. Remember the original Ranchero had 13 & 14 inch wheels. As for the Confederate Flag thing, that has become even more controversial than ever in the last year. Revell is even leaving it out of the reissues right now. Everyone has an opinion on this part of American history and I imagine you probably are not aware off all this. Let's just say it's not Politically Correct here right now. I'm sure someone here could help you with the flag decal if you want to do that.   

thanks for alert @espo, but I only want to recreate the Dodge Charger "General Lee". I know that the Confederate flag means, but it has nothing to do with its meaning. (sorry for my english!)

On the other hand, I understand about "politically Correct". Europe and Spain are victims of the "Political Correct". For me, the "correct" is not being afraid, be honest, to help others, to respect, to share... Good people do not need to be "politically correct".

OMG, sorry for my bad english!!!!

thanks @espo :)

Engine detail looks good! I like the wash on the air cleaner to bring out the detail of the filter element. I also like the upgrades to the suspension. Nice touch with the shocks and springs.

Trumpeter kits tend to have some weird issues.

Mister I couldn't have worded that better myself. Over engineered....................a lot!! Ten parts to build something that normally would only require around 2 or 3 maybe.

Engine detail looks good! I like the wash on the air cleaner to bring out the detail of the filter element. I also like the upgrades to the suspension. Nice touch with the shocks and springs.

Mister I couldn't have worded that better myself. Over engineered....................a lot!! Ten parts to build something that normally would only require around 2 or 3 maybe.

And odd shapes for things that are pretty standard.  Still don't know what they patterned the engine for the Monte Carlo after, but it sure wasn't a small block Chevy.