Model Cars Magazine Forum

66 Skylark Modified Stocker(dirt)

slider51

Although this kit lacked detail it ended up being really fun to build.Mostly because of the story behind the paint scheme.I used to play pitcrew on a Monte Carlo street stock and after running the same colors for 3 years we decided it was time for a change.As we are all standing around the race shop the car owner says I always wanted to paint one of my racecars burnt orange.We all laughed and said no way.We did throw him a bone and paint the chasis orange with a black body.So when I saw the Testers One Coat Laquer Flaming Orange I couldn't resist pulling this stocker out of the closet.Even put the correct number on.When I finished this kit back in April I stopped by the race shop and when I pulled it out Frank(car owner) laughs and says "See I told you guys it would have looked good!It was a fun build and an even better laugh in the race shop!101_5235_zpsm57xavy7.jpg101_5234_zpskpyzavxr.jpg101_5236_zpsunellmkm.jpg101_5237_zps7d5fjk70.jpg101_5239_zpsp4su6rbu.jpg