Model Cars Magazine Forum

1965 Ferrari 250lm

MonoPed

The 8th sign of the Apocolypse in upon us, hell is freezing as I type this... It's DONE!!! Been over a year since I finished one, pretty cool to blow the cobwebs off the tools and crank one out. Academy kit of a '65 250LM, built as chassis #5895, as entered in that year's 24 Hours of LeMans by the British team Marenello Concessionaires, ltd. The wheels are from the Monogram 427 Cobra street, tires from the 66 Penske Vette. The body is TS-08 Italian red and TS-10 French Blue, topped with TS-13 clear. The interior is a mix of X1-8 semi flat black, XF-16 flat aluminum and TS-44 brilliant blue. Woohoo!!

Brian

1965-ferrari-250lm-1.jpg

1965-ferrari-250lm-2.jpg

1965-ferrari-250lm-3.jpg

1965-ferrari-250lm-4.jpg

1965-ferrari-250lm-5.jpg

1965-ferrari-250lm-6.jpg

Sweet :D Came out really nice.

Now that you have it done, does that give you the inspiration to knock out another one? Like a certain resin Ferrari? :P

I find myself feeding off my last build...when I'm in a building mode, I tend to get a lot done. I've finished 5 in the past month after working on nothing from November thru January. Tomorrow I'm hitting the Birmingham NNL, I'll probably come home w/a lot more ideas than I'll ever have a chance to finish and hopefully not too many new projects too tempting to leave on a vendor table. And next weekend is Amelia Island...more dreaming :P

It's a great feeling isn't it Brian? :D

That came out terrific and the contrasting stripe makes all the difference!

I've got to keep a lookout on the 'bay for one.......(one's there now but don't want to spend any money this time around).............Maybe find an engine and go whole hog!

Wow, glad y'all are diggin it.. Thanks!!

Now that you have it done, does that give you the inspiration to knock out another one? Like a certain resin Ferrari? :blink:

That "certain resin Ferrari" has been pulled off the pile and is (im)patiently waiting it's turn to be finished...

I never took that kit seriously, but after seeing your work I regret it now.

Believe me, it's an easy kit to overlook, and it does have it's issues, mainly the clear parts being way too thick, and the PE headlight rings being way too big for the car. That being said, it is a neat piece to have built, and one that is not often seen. Would be killer to see Hasegawa tackle this subject like they have the 250TR...