Model Cars Magazine Forum

Several Simulaneous Moebius Ford F-100 Projects... because I have the attention span of a four-year-old who just washed down a bag of gummy bears with a gallon of Mountain Dew

Thanks Chuck, I will try both on a piece of chrome sprue and see what looks best. Both of my trucks were used when I had them so the flat may be best.

Your truck looks like some of them we see out here still on the job sites.

Nice looking work truck, that weathering is dead-on! After reading all the complaining about this kit, all I see are beautifully built versions of it. so what gives? I trust your opinion Chuck, it it a good kit?

Like every other kit I've ever built, it has it's hiccups. Every now and then you might get one with a bent hood. Good kit? Nope. I'd call it great despite that. Some people just aren't happy if they don't have anything to complain about, I guess.

Oh...

since the Mustang that coughed up it's air cleaner housing, valve covers, and wheels had optional Tasca Ford markings, I thought "Why not?" :)

11696373_869666876422304_691429680726595

Great work so far Chuck ..... I can't wait to see it finished.

-Steve

Started foiling on the '69- needs some touch up here and there. I still need to foil the windshield trim. The cab and bed are now permanently joined with the chassis. And since the '71 dump truck has elbowed its way into the WIP thread... the engine bay is pretty much dialed in on that one. 

11411863_872707752784883_621369115422982

11722113_872795539442771_572441710521362

• 3 weeks later...

Front end on that one is a Mustang II setup from a Beatnik Bandit II with modified spindles, and a just-short-of-unrealistically large step notch in the rear to give it the "aired out" look. The '69 kit coughed up the Type 4 hubcaps. The kit wheels had the "paddles" trimmed off to fit into the SATCO BFG wide whites.