Model Cars Magazine Forum

Aoshima Greddy Rocket Bunny Enkai

PatW

Just finished on 'on the workbench' Nice kit, kit decals and my own printed bonnet decal (Hellaflush, Illest, Canibeat) and other 'tuner' decals from collection.

1st on the deck in the sun....................

101_zpsfzqk5oya.jpg

2nd, Staged on the kitchen worktop.................

117_zpsvif8vjm9.jpg

Edited by PatW

Thanks Tomo, yes that's what I attempt to do, research and constantly try new things and be even more satisfied with the outcome (sometimes).

50+ years of model building and I'm still as keen as mustard!

Yes I hate masking and I need to improve each time.

I'm doing the window masks and spraying on the windows of the Fujimi McLaren MP4-12 sportsracer today turning it into a road car!

Sourcing an extra seat, building the rollcage around two seats instead of one etc.

Edited by PatW

that turned out excellent Pat and I am impressed with the speed you got it together too!

I was thinking about "decal bombing" a fender or hood of one of my latest tuner builds, but I didn't want the tedium of using actual little decals. did you say you made that decal on your hood? did you find the graphics online somewhere? looks really neat, I want to do just a front fender or something like that.

jb

Hi again jb thanks for you critique. Yes I Googled hellaflush images and between different cars various online shops were advertising vinyl wraps for 1:1 cars.

I copied these onto my pc and reduced or enlarged the images until I got the right size.

I initially used clear decal paper and now use white backed paper for darker paint jobs.

For example..........................................

1.0x0%202_zpsorlt5ngh.jpg

14b%20Monster%20stickerbomb_zpswwlqqyyt.

2_zpsff2mpeew.jpg

7%20boom-sticker_zpsh13n0ntz.jpg

7_Up_zpsv8jtuyz6.jpeg

I copy them onto a word document and move around so that I can also add different images and put a mix on each decal sheet.

I put these onto an A4 size sheet and cut off as much as I need for each appliction.

I'm not selling any of the decals so I'm not breaching their copyrights.

Edited by PatW

Well thanks you Scott, Michael & Tommy. I try to please...............myself and wait to see what other people think! And the reaction is pretty positive, so I know that I've done well.

Scott, we've always got to try something new or different to keep the little grey cells working, thinking, if I do this, or that, what is the outcome and after a lot of thought it generally works. Ideas come around 3 or 4 in the morning.

Now my next project is a famous sports car, a speedboat, a roof rack, a surfboard...............................oh just wait and see! On here in the next few days!

Yes Scott I certainly think so. I see so many people asking where they can buy extra bits, accessories etc. Well buy some plasticard sheets or tubes etc and make some.

I wanted some time ago a model of a teardrop trailer and they were expensive to import from the states, so I bough treadplate plasticard and square rod and made one!

Thanks Gary, yes I like to 'change' or 'update' builds as I go along. There's another sports car on it's way but again it's 'different'!

It's like the tyre decals, as large as possible, so I've bought (not the Potenza) 1/20th scale to see if they fit!

Edited by PatW