Model Cars Magazine Forum

The new Ecto (?) is an 83 Cadillac S&S. Unfortunately, the larger fullsize hearse was discontinued in 1977. This is the more narrow, shorter, compact cadillac model. It's about 2/3rd the size of the 1959 M.M. Ecto-1, and the 1976 S&S.

Yeah! At my size, I should have kicked off before 1977 then. I'm not sure those downsized hearses will work for me. (They might have to use two of them!) :o

No, no and more no. The remakes are wrong and the vehicles, let's don't even go there. They are simultaneously destroying two masterpieces of what where the 80s. Understand I am not calling the movies themselves masterpieces but they are a classics of their time. I have yet to see a successful movie be remade better .

The Vacation movie isn't a remake, it's a sequel. Only this time, it's Russ and his family.

Thank Sony and shocking Dan Aykroyd is behind this turd of a movie (listed as a writer)

Jonathan, the original movie was written by Dan Akroyd and Harold Ramis, this "remake" was written by Katie Dippold and Paul Feig.

Not a fan of remaking the movie but I would buy a kit of the new ECTO 1 , or would it be the ECTO 2 ?

call it ecto-2 for now. maybe i'll model it, maybe not.

rather sad that people go to watch movies that are remakes of their favorite movies. They are rarely good.