Model Cars Magazine Forum

I've wondered about the quality of those 3D-printed cabs. I see the Mack is on Ebay and the KW Aerodyne COE was on there recently. I'm not a huge fan of resin so how do these compare? Are they closer to resin or styrene? The subject matter is so limited in 1/16 that I welcome these as long as they're practical to use.

Edited by Mike77

Yeah its the 3D printed cab from ebay. I had the guy hold it for me until I had the money to buy it. They are made of plastic. The hood required quite a bit of wet sanding do to a lot of roughness in it. Its not to thin on the cab or hood and I got the dash with it along with other small pieces. It was worth the money and I just hope it turns out nice when im done lol.

And It came with the grill as well

1.jpg

2.jpeg

I know the hoods are different but if I cant get another hood for this model thats right then ill make it as best as I can or do a different style mack. Thanks for all the complements everyone! :)

And if I can fix the hood or make it were its right I will. Im not gonna build something not correct to what it is supposed to be. lol

Edited by williamchevelleman1972

Cant wait to see more William you builds are great. Who makes the hoods and cab?

This guy on ebay ill post the link below and thanks for the compliments! I just finished getting the cab straightened up and prepped im just waiting on the hood to come in.http://www.ebay.com/itm/191656114832?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

$_12.JPG

u 002.jpg

u 003.jpg

u 004.jpg

u 005.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...