Model Cars Magazine Forum

Turnpiker Pete 352

Ok guys, now I'm going way back. This build is from the very early 80's if I remember correctly. As you can see by the decal flaking it is an old one. I believe it was one of my first builds after getting out of the Army in '81. Hope you all enjoy the trip back in time.

Turnpiker 1.JPG

Turnpiker 2.JPG

yeah ill do that one that is really cool is a 57 58 chevy that the hood doors and trunk open

Revell, Had a 57' Chevy with opening doors ,hood and trunk.

Amt Had the 58'Chevy with the opening doors hood and I am not sure about the trunkI believe this was one of the 3 in 1 kits. Back then the opening doors on a factory kit was

Be Well

Gator

rear axle and suspension the front suspension, front axles, grill, the whole drive train, fire wall, radiator and hoses, head lights and housing, trunk hinges, rear bumper, tail lights and tail light trim, fin trim, rims and tires, and last but not least the steering wheel i think that is every thing but if i find anything else that she needs ill let ya know (the whole front end has been melted by the glue that he used back then

He's right. I didn't see the drivers door was cracked open in the first pic. Revell had opening hood,doors and trunk. Amt was only hood the Revell cars (55,56,57)were a bear to assemble nothing would line up or there were serious sink marks on doors, hood and trunk lid. Don't know if I can help with all the missing stuff. You may want to think about turning it into some kind of race car that way you can use other parts. Let me know how it goes. 

Later, Rod

• 1 month later...