Model Cars Magazine Forum

If Only I Had Known Back Then

;) Am I in the wrong forum!!???? ;)

If you're expecting a tightly structured, over administered forum where people aren't free to post what they wish, then yep, you're on the wrong one.

If you're looking for a loosely structured place where people can openly and constructively share their modeling concerns, accomplishments, ideas, hints and solutions without worrying about following someone else's notion of what's right and wrong, you're on the right one.

Yes, there are occasionally a few "personal", non-modeling related comments posted here, but that's only because the people that post here feel that they're amongst friends and family...and they are.

Edited by Raul_Perez

Ok so while organizing some old pics i found this one and had to share cause i figured yall would get a kick out of it. I am about 11 in the pic and it has been brought to my attention that it looks like i do not have short on but i assure you I had some on.

DSCF0368.jpg

Hi Andrea,

great pic, looks like you have seen the way I do my models. I have a big executive style desk in my model room, but for some reason I sit on the floor to do a lot of my modeling, can't figure out why. But i do keep my pants on...LOL.

BTW, I wonder if we could be related some how, you look like you could be my Lil' sister...LOL.

have a great day, and Congratulations on the news of your expecting a baby girl, all the best to you and Clayton.

Keep us updated on your progress, and if you guys need anything, don't hesitate to ask.

Your friend,

Ron

Hi Andrea,

great pic, looks like you have seen the way I do my models. I have a big executive style desk in my model room, but for some reason I sit on the floor to do a lot of my modeling, can't figure out why. But i do keep my pants on...LOL.

BTW, I wonder if we could be related some how, you look like you could be my Lil' sister...LOL.

have a great day, and Congratulations on the news of your expecting a baby girl, all the best to you and Clayton.

Keep us updated on your progress, and if you guys need anything, don't hesitate to ask.

Your friend,

Ron

Well probably not related. My maiden name is Engle and as far as I know I dont have any family out in Cali although Clay and I did live up in Twentynine Palms for 2 awful years

That's A cool pic. I see the subject (Lambo Diablo) so I assume that must have been like 1990. Right ? I built the same kit but I figure I might have been 25 :-)

Here is me building a 78 Corvette in 1978. I would have been just 14. The goofy look was...well... my goofy face LOL

JJ_1978.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
That's A cool pic. I see the subject (Lambo Diablo) so I assume that must have been like 1990. Right ? I built the same kit but I figure I might have been 25 :-)

Here is me building a 78 Corvette in 1978. I would have been just 14. The goofy look was...well... my goofy face LOL

JJ_1978.jpg

Jeff,

I used to have the same goofy face when modeling...I thought it was the paint and glue fumes LOL!

Come to think of it I still have the same goofy face when modeling!

Thanx for the pix Andrea...it kinda explains why you'd let Clay play with an exacto knife in the back seat... :lol:

My youngest daughter, before she met horses and boys would work on model cars just like that...family room floor, parts all over the place! :o

good luck on the pending addition to the family

29 palms...eew that must have been nice

curt

probably more around 1994 or 95 (i was born in 83)

Thanx for the pix Andrea...it kinda explains why you'd let Clay play with an exacto knife in the back seat... :lol:

My youngest daughter, before she met horses and boys would work on model cars just like that...family room floor, parts all over the place! :o

good luck on the pending addition to the family

29 palms...eew that must have been nice

curt

I didnt even know he was using the knife because he likes to ride in the back so he can watch movies with david and he claims the back seat is more comfy than the front.

Hey, congrats on having a little girl! I hadn't heard that bit of news before right now. My mom's best friend just found out that she is having a (2nd) daughter too!

I didn't realize you and Clay were around my age...I was born 10/18/84...not too many modelers it seems from this age group.

So, I'm guessing by the title of the thread that the model no longer exists any more then, huh? I'm lucky in that I still have every one I've built, except the very first one from 1992. Some of them are held togther by zip lock bags, though.... :angry:

Hey, congrats on having a little girl! I hadn't heard that bit of news before right now. My mom's best friend just found out that she is having a (2nd) daughter too!

I didn't realize you and Clay were around my age...I was born 10/18/84...not too many modelers it seems from this age group.

So, I'm guessing by the title of the thread that the model no longer exists any more then, huh? I'm lucky in that I still have every one I've built, except the very first one from 1992. Some of them are held togther by zip lock bags, though.... :blink:

I actually have it, its in a box some where, I dont know where but I know I have it.

Gee we have some young whippersnappers on this thread! :blink: Unfortunately, I have NONE of the models from when I started building (incidentally in '78 Jeff when I was a senior in high school). I think my Dad has an old polaroid pic from '78 or '79 when I was building something at the kitchen table.

I'm going over his place Sunday for Easter dinner and if I can remember I'll see if I can find it and scan it for y'all! :P

Hmmm...............I wonder what the average age is on this board?

Gee we have some young whippersnappers on this thread! :lol: Unfortunately, I have NONE of the models from when I started building (incidentally in '78 Jeff when I was a senior in high school). I think my Dad has an old polaroid pic from '78 or '79 when I was building something at the kitchen table.

I'm going over his place Sunday for Easter dinner and if I can remember I'll see if I can find it and scan it for y'all! :lol:

Well, I graduated from high school in '74...

Gee we have some young whippersnappers on this thread! :lol: Unfortunately, I have NONE of the models from when I started building (incidentally in '78 Jeff when I was a senior in high school). I think my Dad has an old polaroid pic from '78 or '79 when I was building something at the kitchen table.

I'm going over his place Sunday for Easter dinner and if I can remember I'll see if I can find it and scan it for y'all! :lol:

I left highschool in 11th grade to join the army in 1965. :P