Model Cars Magazine Forum

top dragster scratch build

comp1839

Dave.... First off Wow... you are killing the details on this clutch set up.  so very impressive what you can do on your milling machine. You continue to impress me with your talents. Second, it was great to catch up with you over the phone or a bit with ya. I always appreciate you taking the time to alk ND let me pick your brain. as well as the words of encouragement from you. I can't wait to see what's in store in your next update.

Boy am I ever glad I made my Chin Pillow a few years back while watching John Teresi do one of his builds. Now days there's a list of people I haul the pillow out for before viewing their posts. The Pillow keeps me from brusing or breaking my Chin when it smacks against the Floor when viewing In Progress or Under Glass images from you folks. 'Bout all I can do is studder and reattach my Jaw.................

With this clutch assembly, you have Surpassed the Unsurpassable. 

You not only Thought Out of the Box, you teleported the Box into the 4th Dimension.

Although I rarely give these out, I can't believe I haven't given you one of these before.

Whatever the case, 1st or 2nd time, well deserved.

Astounding work Dave, Astounding.

2421129-2629336_darth_vader___impressive

chris,  ALWAYS a pleasure to talk with you bud!!

ed, john's a world class modeller for sure. certainly glad you're following along!!

joe, darth and myself both have one thing in common.....we are both walk on the dark side. hehe.

leonard, glad to hear from you!!!

bob, that tim guy is really hard to keep up with!!

dave, many thanks!!

so, i got some more clutch work done.

here is the clutch assy. as it stands. i have some clutch arms being 3-d modeled by my good friend chris.  when they arrive we can get the fork and throwout brg. in there.

assembled.

opened up the access holes in the can so the clutch is a little more visable.

john, thank you. hopefully i can keep up with the standards you set for us all. (good thing!)

mike, hehe, no fooling you buddy. how did you know? thanks! best compliment that can be made in my opinion.

scott, thanks. listen close, you may here it some day. hehe.

tim, you always make me chuckle buddy!!!!!!

brad, thanks!

joe, THAT is what i want to hear!!!! that this has motivated and inspired some one !!!!!!  THANK YOU BUDDY!!

chris, glad you like!!!! those arms will be the cats meow inside that can!!!!!

so, all of that drive train stuff needs to hook to the rear so i made a coupler.

at the other end i started to do some steering work. here is the rack and pinion unit. the car will be a front steer car.