Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jaguar XKSS

Dann Tier

Hi Dann,

That is a beautiful build, and I just love the under-hood view...it makes me want to keep looking at it.

I also like the look of the rivets, but I can't get my head around their installation.("photo etched parts from Model Car Garage that are placed on there individually.) Zounds.

Really nicely done Dann, thanks for posting it.

Brian

I agree on the rivets. Each one installed individually? How? How did you hold each one? What did you use to attach each one? How did you manage to install so many tiny, individual rivets so evenly spaced and in a straight line? And do it without going insane? :lol:

Amazing is all I can say. And that doesn't even include the underhood detailing, which is just spectacular.

Hi, guys! thanks for your comments! I really do -humbly appreciate it. About those rivets, I thought I did them like everybody else. I use my Olfa blade to cut them off the photo etch fret, and that's when I discovered that the pieces from MCG stick to the point of the blade by, im guessing, static electricity. it doesn't work with Detail Masters though. so, whenever I use MCG photo etch parts, I use my knife to cut it from the fret, put a dot of glue where its gonna go, LIGHTLY touch the piece with the point of the blade, and glue it in place!  -it works 98% of the time for me!! For applying Detail Master, or any stubborn photo etch parts, I put a SUPER TINY dab of RC56 canopy glue to the tip of a toothpick, because when it dries, its got just enough tackiness to transport the piece to its spot. Most of the time I use the bright orange bottled Plasti Zap CA glue. To answer how I get the rivets so straight and evenly spaced, I honestly don't know. I have this crazy built in sense I guess.  just for  the record though, The photo I was using to see where the rivets went, actually showed them not completely straight all the time -this surprised me!   -ARE'NT ALL OF US A LITTLE INSANE??!!:lol: