Model Cars Magazine Forum

Sedan Delivery Decals

Does anyone know of a source for old speed equipment decals for the side of a sedan delivery or a panel van? I am thinking like a 40's Edelbrock logo, Hilborn, Bell helmets, Weiand, Casler cheater slicks, Offenhauser equipment, Iskenderian cams or McGurk engineering. Something along those lines. Think something that you would have seen on the side of a sedan delivery or a panel van on the salt at Bonneville in the late forties or early fifties.

I am hoping to find something already sized to fit on the side panel of a panel van or a sedan delivery. I have a 40 Ford in the works currently then I'm hoping to build the 37 Ford panel van and a couple of others as well. Any tips on where I might find this stuff would be greatly appreciated. I have never made my own decals but I have the feeling that I may have to learn how in the next while.

Does anyone know of a source for old speed equipment decals for the side of a sedan delivery or a panel van? I am thinking like a 40's Edelbrock logo, Hilborn, Bell helmets, Weiand, Casler cheater slicks, Offenhauser equipment, Iskenderian cams or McGurk engineering. Something along those lines. Think something that you would have seen on the side of a sedan delivery or a panel van on the salt at Bonneville in the late forties or early fifties.

I am hoping to find something already sized to fit on the side panel of a panel van or a sedan delivery. I have a 40 Ford in the works currently then I'm hoping to build the 37 Ford panel van and a couple of others as well. Any tips on where I might find this stuff would be greatly appreciated. I have never made my own decals but I have the feeling that I may have to learn how in the next while.

Gofer sells a set of business decals that I have used... Service Truck #11014... They include some different sizes, though. So, they won't fit perfectly in all instances. Also check out their contingency and sponsor sheets.

Edited by fseva

you may try brandsoftheworld.com. They have a lot of Vector logos. I hear https://inkscape.org/ is a good free vector program. I have not used it. I use Adobe Illustrator. 

You could use google images too.

If you tell me the dimensions I may be able to recreate it for you. I am pretty quick with illustrator. Post an image of what you want or e-mail me at mattpernack@yahoo.com with the image and I will see if i can create a vector of it. that way you can re-size it to any size without any loss of image quality.

I am working on  a 37 ford panel also. Mine is gonna be a Vernor's delivery truck.

• 2 weeks later...

Any tips on where I might find this stuff would be greatly appreciated.

Toner 283 

Gasser Models has  vintage speed equipment and speed shop decals. There are 4 sheets of  in 1:25 scale. Spoke with him yesterday and he said he had them available. 

Suitable for use on various model cars and in dioramas. Decals are color and sold per full sheet. Each sheet is 8-1/2” X 11” with a white background. There are four decals of each image. All decals are “water slide” type. Images, including AC, Accel, Ace Racing Clutches, Auto Meter, B&M Automotive, Bell Helmets, C-T Strokers, Casler Cheater Slicks, Champion, Clay Smith Cams (Mr. Horsepower), Cragar, Crane Cams, Crower Cams, Doug’s Headers, Drag News, Dragmaster, Edelbrock, EELCO, Engle Cams, Firestone, Fram, Goodyear, Grant Piston Rings, Hays, Hedman Hedders, Hilborn Fuel Injection, Holley, Hooker Headers, Hoosier Racing Tire, Howards Cams, Hurst Floor Shift, Hurst Line/Loc, IHRA, Isky Racing Cams, Joe Hunt Magnetos, Judson Electronic Magneto, M&H Racemaster, Mallory Ignition, Marvel Mystery Oil, McGurk Camshafts, M/T (Mickey Thompson), Milodon, Mondello Heads, Moon, NGK Spark Plugs, NHRA, Pennzoil, Potvin Racing Cams and Raybestos Brake Linings, AC Oil Filter, ANDRA, Art Carr Performance Products, Astro Custom Wheels, Auburn Spark Plugs, Autolite Spark Plugs, Bardahl, Brodix Cylinder Heads, Bruce’s Tires, Burd Piston Rings, Champion Spark Plugs, Chevrolet, Cloyes Camshaft Drives, Comp Cams, Continental Piston Rings, Corvette Sting Ray, Crane Cams, Crankshaft Company, Cure-Ride Shocks, Dempsey-Wilson Racing Cams, Develco Performance Products, Dixco Tachometers, Dixie, Doug Herbert Performance Parts, Douglass Electronic Balancing, Drag Fast, DragShocks, E-T Mags, EELCO Linkage, Fenton, Ford, Forged True Pistons, Fram, Giovannoni Cams, Goodyear Tires, Holley, Hurst, Moon Equipped, Rapid Cool, Rocket Racing, Route 66, Schiefer, Schneider Racing Cams, Sig Erson Cams, Simpson, So-Cal Speed Shop, Stahl Headers, Stewart-Warner, STP and Sun Tach, Bruce’s Tires, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Comp Springs, Crankshaft Co., Develco Performance, Dragmaster, EBC Brakes, Edelbrock, Erson Cams, Flowtech Exhaust, Gumout, Halibrand, Hastings, Hedman, Hilborn, Holley, Hooker, Hoosier, Hurst, Isky, Lady Luck, Lee Filters, Monroe, Moon, Pedrick, Racer Brown Cams, Rat Fink, Rislone Racing, Royal Purple, S&S Headers, Schaller Racing Cams, Simpson, Getz Gears, Hastings, Hi-Jacker, Inglese, Iron Cross, Isky, Jardine Headers, JE Pistons, Jesel, Jocko’s, Joe Hunt, Kinsler, Kirkey Racing, Klotz, Lady Luck, Lakewood, Lee, Lone Wolf, Lunati, Malco, Mallory, Monroe, Moon, Moroso, Mr. Gasket, Mickey Thompson (M/T), Offenhauser, P&G Valve-Gapper, Parigian Racing Cams, Perfect Circle, Powermaster, Quaker State, Ramco, Stewart-Warner, Valvoline, Venolia, Vitar Engineering, Weber, Weiand, Weld Racing and Wiseco..

For the 1:8 scale folks he has 3 sheets of vintage speed shops,  2 sheets of speed equipment and 2 sheets of drag strips.

Go to http://gassermodels.com/ and look under the decals section.

Hope this helps.