Model Cars Magazine Forum

Barris Kuston shop

misterNNL

I know it's been done before but I want to build a photo op dio of the front of the 1950's era Barris Kustom shop at the 11054 Lynwood ave.Location.There are a lot of black and white original photos around but I am looking for something in color that I can base the color of the stucco facade and the Von Dutch lettered sings on.I would like to think that at some point some early custom car magazine would have featured a color photo that included the front of the building on it's cover.

I'll be watching to see if someone(anyone?)can help me with this research(like I really need another project!).

Edited by misterNNL
wrong street address listed

Just barely in color...the emulsion has probably faded over the years...but it's plain that the sign background is blueish...

Barris-kustoms-atlantic-boulevard.jpg

Then in '57...

Barris-kustoms-atlantic-boulevard2.jpg     Barris+Shop+A.jpg

A little later...

caac78a07c95180f86ddab4f0832e947.jpg

Here's a dio of the earlier building front...which is wrong for the time portrayed, as the Ala Kart was built in '58...and how accurate the colors really are is anyone's guess...

[IMG]

Edited by Ace-Garageguy