Model Cars Magazine Forum

Music Streaming for Desk Top?

JollySipper

I need some recommendations for a good music streaming site. Rdio.com is shutting down their site soon...... The thing I liked about them is the fact that I could choose an album and listen to the whole thing if I wanted. I would like to find something similar to that........... They were bought out by Pandora, which I dislike, because they let you listen to one song, then try to "recommend" new music similar to what you were listening to......... What's Rhapsody like?

Thanks for any help..........!!  :)

I find interesting stuff on YouTube.  I've played entire albums, and recently watched / listened to a 2 hr Counting Crows concert.   I also like cover songs posted by small bands and individuals.  There is one guy who sits on his couch and expertly strums old obscure Harry Chapin songs.  I really enjoy those!   

If you prefer a slightly more offbeat and eclectic selection of streaming music, I'd recommend Soma FM. Multiple genres, free, listener-supported (voluntarily...if you like it, send money).:D

https://somafm.com/

You can, of course, stream SiriusXM to your computer also...lots of available genres and a custom mix option too (though I don't like the merged product as much as I liked the old XM).

Edited by Ace-Garageguy