Model Cars Magazine Forum

Citation

X-trim

very well done. there's a kit you don't see too often

The Citation 2 doors were scarce when they were new.   Most of those sold were the 4 door hatchback version.  And they had that typical GM quality of that era. I had a friend buy one new and it was forever at the dealer from new.

Great build Ulf! I have this kit in my stash as well, but haven't found my inspiration to build it just yet. Your build may get the wheels turning. When my family and I moved from NJ to FL we drove down in our '81 Citation 4 door hatchback. I remember going to Patterson Chevrolet in Hamliton, NJ with my Dad when he bought it new. We had it for about 3 years and sold to neighbors who had it another 3. It was a good car. 

Nice to see a Citation build posted.  When I was a kid by parents drove a 1981 Citation 4-door hatchback.  You rarely seen one on the road in California.  Last month I was vacationing in central Mexico and spotted a hatchback Citation.  Pretty neat.