Model Cars Magazine Forum

64 Polara Wagon Sleeper Cannonball 2015 entry (New pictures)

TFchronos

Here's my entry for this year's Sleeper themed Cannonball. It's a 64' Polara Wagon converted from the 64' 330 Color Me gone Drag kit. Built up to balance out performance and range with a paint job to look the part of a car fresh out of a junkyard.

Build thread: http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/107243-64-polara-wagon-cannonball-sleeper-build-completed/

Features:

• 6.1 Liter HEMI with implied CNC Stage 2 Intake and Heads.
  • Front and rear suspension with all wheel disk brakes out of a 96-03' Dodge Viper.
  • Dual exhaust systems, one set piped to single short glass packs for some punch. Another set piped to the rear with dual turbo-ish mufflers to keep her nice and quite when needed.
  • Dribbler system into the rear mufflers to make it appear to smoke.
  • Valve stems for the tires and a good old fashion antenna to really sell the look. B)  

Pictures:

photo DSC09374_zpse6iwapkr.jpg

photo DSC09369_zpsyxa8tdhn.jpg

photo DSC09368_zpswztgyueh.jpg

photo DSC09383_zpsjmdlrfj1.jpg

photo DSC09376_zpsdlkabuqx.jpg

photo DSC09380_zpskeerwoy2.jpg

photo DSC09381_zpstayqsnxx.jpg

photo DSC09389_zps80dqcak2.jpg

photo DSC09391_zpsaq6ft1s2.jpg

photo DSC09392_zpskxyvjfgf.jpg

photo Post 6 2_zpsw054aozf.jpg

photo Post 6 3_zps9jc8hwsh.jpg

Thanks for looking, comment and critic's more than welcome.

Edited by TFchronos
Group pictures

You did an excellent job with this one. When you started this a while ago, I was wondering if anyone could build a model like this in so little time. Looks like you did it and the end result couldn't be much better either. Nice job on that Wagon conversion and your weathering looks excellent as well. Those different color body parts are a nice touch and interior looks excellent...Just like a real dirty interior looks!

Even if I don't like seeing a modern engine in an old car, I'm happy to have another look on this one!

Awesome build!  The door mirrors are the only exterior clue as to what lurks under the hood.

Thanks Chuck!

Yeah, I hadn't noticed that the kit didn't come with mirrors until I had to put some on and I didn't have any period correct on hand so I took the ones from the Viper donor.

Very well done!

Thanks Harry!

You did an excellent job with this one. When you started this a while ago, I was wondering if anyone could build a model like this in so little time. Looks like you did it and the end result couldn't be much better either. Nice job on that Wagon conversion and your weathering looks excellent as well. Those different color body parts are a nice touch and interior looks excellent...Just like a real dirty interior looks!

Even if I don't like seeing a modern engine in an old car, I'm happy to have another look on this one!

Thank you Niko! There were quite few very late nights to get her done in time lol.

Awesome + Awesome + Awesome!

Great idea, design & finish Jonathan, bravo!!

Thank you Jeremy!

Excellent work. 

Could we talk you into a repeat of that body and interior and send it off to a caster? I'd be up for one.

Charlie Larkin

Thank you Charlie! I am really thinking about building another show car version at some point so if I do I'll see about getting it cast. 

Wolf in (rusty) sheep's clothing.  Outstanding model.

Thank you Bruce! It's my ideal definition of a sleeper, powerful, but still providing good fuel range with a couple of tricks underneath, and not to flashy at all.

Ready to win some money at the street races!

Thanks Nick, not too sure about street races but it should be real good on a cross country race.

Looks great Jonathan

Love the mixed body panels

Cheers

Thanks Bruce! Glad you like it, your Impala is a fine representation of a sleeper as well!