Model Cars Magazine Forum

THE VOICE

sjordan2

Been following it closely since top artists Jordan Smith and Emily Ann Roberts are from my neck of the woods. No question that Kentucky boy Jordan will win the competition. But my local Knoxville girl, 17-year-old Emily Ann Roberts, will win the multimillion-dollar superstar career like Carrie Underwood. In spite of the material she was given tonight that didn't show her voice to its full potential, she's right up there in Dolly Parton territory, and in her final appearance was jaw-droppingly, achingly beautiful

Never saw it. Seems to be an American Idol ripoff?

Basically, but much more entertaining due to the antics of Blake Shelton and his sidekick Adam Levine.

Emily Ann has reminded me of Dolly Parton several times this season, too. Is there a market today for that kind of music? If so, she's going to make a boatload of money.

I also liked the girl who sounded a lot like Norah Jones. I think she's got a promising career in music ahead, too, even if she didn't make the final four.

Never saw it. Seems to be an American Idol ripoff?

Not even close. They don't waste their time with the lame people. The worst singers that get booted off are better than most, or all the singers on American Idol. It's a pretty legit show. It shows them getting training from their coaches and guest coaches. No drama. 

Not even close. They don't waste their time with the lame people. The worst singers that get booted off are better than most, or all the singers on American Idol. It's a pretty legit show. It shows them getting training from their coaches and guest coaches. No drama. 

Absolutely. And while American Idol is heading into oblivion during its last season, The Voice is a ratings leader for its 2 weekly outings. And Snake, I agree with you if you're talking about Amy Vachal.

Since I can't edit the last post, I'll just add this. Unlike Idol, there is no prima donna infighting among egotistical judges. Everybody likes each other (especially Blake Shelton  and Gwen Stefani), and it's a serious show despite a lot of levity. They're not only judges but coaches, and do the best they can to mentor the really talented members of their teams. While the production numbers are filled with glitz, this show is filled with heart.

Sure, it's a singing competition like Idol, but they're miles apart. No rip-off here.

Edited by sjordan2

Since I can't edit the last post, I'll just add this. Unlike Idol, there is no prima donna infighting among egotistical judges. Everybody likes each other (especially Blake Shelton  and Gwen Stefani), and it's a serious show despite a lot of levity. They're not only judges but coaches, and do the best they can to mentor the really talented members of their teams. While the production numbers are filled with glitz, this show is filled with heart.

Sure, it's a singing competition like Idol, but they're miles apart. No rip-off here.

oh, ok... got it.

But to be honest, part of the appeal of American Idol, to me at least, is the interplay between the judges. That's a really entertaining part of the show, especially when Simon was still on it. The three current judges (Keith Urban, Jennifer Lopez, and Harry Connick) all get along too well. No tension, no sniping, no catfights.

Oh well... like all TV shows, there is a limited lifespan, and AI will be history after this next season. It'll be interesting to see if The Voice will match AI as far as number of years on the air.

oh, ok... got it.

But to be honest, part of the appeal of American Idol, to me at least, is the interplay between the judges. That's a really entertaining part of the show,

Then you would LOVE The Voice. It's the best part of that show, too.

oh, ok... got it.

But to be honest, part of the appeal of American Idol, to me at least, is the interplay between the judges. That's a really entertaining part of the show, especially when Simon was still on it. The three current judges (Keith Urban, Jennifer Lopez, and Harry Connick) all get along too well. No tension, no sniping, no catfights.

Oh well... like all TV shows, there is a limited lifespan, and AI will be history after this next season. It'll be interesting to see if The Voice will match AI as far as number of years on the air.

I agree. Watched America Idol for 11 seasons. Simon was the man. I couldn't watch it much after Simon left. 

Edited by slusher

Not sure what some of you guys call Drama but Blake and Adam are nothing but Drama, And made up Drama at that, but Why? they are like two high school girls. 

I can  not watch this show because of these two. 

The concept of the Voice is awesome but the mute button would get a huge workout while I watched it. Just like when Simon was talking on Idol. 

Not sure what some of you guys call Drama but Blake and Adam are nothing but Drama, And made up Drama at that, but Why? they are like two high school girls. 

I can  not watch this show because of these two. 

The concept of the Voice is awesome but the mute button would get a huge workout while I watched it. Just like when Simon was talking on Idol. 

That's all tongue-in-cheek, playful banter.

Very little if any. Blake and Adam are actually good friends who respect each others' talents. On-show, they have a bitter "rivalry" that's obviously all in fun. They're very entertaining to watch, though.

No way I could watch that show. Adam Levine is "nails on a chalkboard" for me. Yeah, that annoying.

No way I could watch that show. Adam Levine is "nails on a chalkboard" for me. Yeah, that annoying.

I used to have the same opinion of him. But I can kinda put up with him now. He sort of grows on you. He's not THAT bad, if you give him a chance.