Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

6 passenger Camaro Option TR767-Who Knew???

When I stumble across odd car factoids I like to share the info. Did you know there was a 6 passenger Camaro. Will there was. The `67 thru  `68 there Chevy offered interior option TR767 which was a front bench seat with fold down arm rest. When the arm rest was up you could get three passengers in the front seat. So three in the back and three in the front equals a 6 passenger Camaro. Now anyone who has ridden in a Camaro realizes you had to have some pretty skinny friends to accomplish this feat. Would not want to be the guy in the middle on a cross country road trip...especially in a stick Camaro. LOL.

http://www.69pace.com/interior67_767.htm

dsc01176pg800.thumb.jpg.cc7d72f2a1e7bb2c

1967blackdeluxebench396325m20.thumb.jpg.

2d27_4.thumb.jpg.6780a27cbdf745427b08ae4

Edited by 69NovaYenko

The bench seat is illustrated in the '67 Camaro showroom brochure, and I think maybe the '68 too. I don't remember if it was offered in '69.

According to my refs, this was option AL4. 6,587 were sold in '67 priced at $26.35; in '68 it cost $32.65 and 4,896 were sold. Pretty rare as these things go.