Model Cars Magazine Forum

I am moving this to the finished shelf.  The truck still needs cargo hatch T handles, Windshield wipers ( I checked every kit I have for a decent pair) and the pogo stick (which will be made of brass when I find my solder)

This was my first full resin cab project and a learning curve for me. 

The in progress can be seen here -

Thanks for looking in :)

That is the best looking 7400 that I have ever seen built! I built one about 12 years ago, but was never happy with it. I am planning on building another one soon though. I had been debating on what to do about the grill, but if mine can look close to as good as yours, I will be happy. Excellent Work!!!

Brian - thank you,  I believe it was your White I saw over at Hanks that impressed me to where I wanted to build one myself. 

Dave - thank you , I am pretty pleased with it. I call this my learning curve.

Clayton - I am glad you like it :)

Sam - wow what a comment, honestly color combinations are my biggest obstacle that I deal with.

Dave - Spalding Trading has them on ebay all the time. You better get one before the molds wear out.  Trailer - we have no room for trailers here :lol:

Terry - Your style of trucks and building have really influenced me, Thank you !

Michael - Thank you, I usually cheat on my tires and use a mini sand blaster, but is has been like negative 10 in my garage.

So I had to result to Green Scotchbrite pads for this truck. I cut the pad in about 1" squares and dry scrub and scrub. I clean the green dust off with a stiff brush and scrub more if there is any shine.

Vic - I am glad you stopped in and that you like it !

Angel - Thank you, I have a few more oddities planned to hit the bench.

Gator - Thank you, I am not so intimidated to tackle some of my other resin projects.

Sam - wow what a comment, honestly color combinations are my biggest obstacle that I deal with.

Its a compliment well deserved in my opinion. I struggle with colors myself, i dont have enough imagination! My favorite of your builds is the 68 freightliner....best one i have ever seen!