Model Cars Magazine Forum

What mopar kits came with a slant six

I was also told that the little red wagon had one for the stock version and I do remember building the IMC version in the early 70s that could also be built as a phone company truck so I think this mystery is solved. Its hard to remember all the kits built over the last 45 years.

The first slant six was in the Revell 1962 Valiant.  For the record, Revell did one in large scale without a car back in 1960.  

The XR6  showcar had one as well as the Deora.   I965  Barracuda kit,  someone said early Volare too but I've never seen that one.  The best one was in the Lindberg 1964 Plymouth and Dodges.  One had an auto trans and the other a manual trans, I don't remember which.  And also for the record there was a resin one done by the fellow who did a lot of different detailed engines but died recently... I'm drawing a blank on his name.

I was also told that the little red wagon had one for the stock version and I do remember building the IMC version in the early 70s that could also be built as a phone company truck so I think this mystery is solved. Its hard to remember all the kits built over the last 45 years.

I loved the Touch Tone Terror kit as a kid....love to find all the phone company stuff and good decals for one.

100_6753.JPG

Your picture does look like the Deora engine.  Transmission looks right, motor mount looks right. The only thing that's off is whatever that is sticking out of the side of the oil pan. That area is flat on the Deora pan.  Does the engine and transmission have a texture to them?  If so that's the Deora engine.

It cannot be the one from the Revell '62s since that engine had a dent in the bottom for the metal axle.