Model Cars Magazine Forum

B.R.B.O. Wmodel kenworth

I grew tired of finding an AMT w900 kit.Seeing that ertl destroyed the W to make a T600,I decided to undo what they did.Got a T600 kit in a trade for the running gear and chassis parts as a starting point.I collected a set of superboss frame rails with torsion single rear,some junk yard cab/hood/bunk and a new amt Wmodel chrome tree to get things moving along.Also going to throw in a few bill signs pete parts(stacks and air filters) and unknown  tanks.Going to back date the interior and hood to a mid sixties.If I can pull it off planing on a special engine.If I need any bits that I cant find in the parts boxes an AMT K100 will have them.

Here's a photo of what I'm starting with

014_zpsdae7291d.jpg

Edited by mistermodel

Cool project!! I'm curious about that "special" engine. I've been wanting to build a "Big Allis" myself and I started to build one for the build off, but I was afraid that it wouldn't fit under the H cab.

I built a 450 Big Al.Its just in a box but its for a K100.Any questions I'll be glad to help

kevac.jpg

I built a 450 Big Al.Its just in a box but its for a K100.Any questions I'll be glad to help

kevac.jpg

Thanks Kevin! I hope to build one later, but with the irons that I have in the fire right now, it will be a while. Thanks for the help! I will probably taking you up on this offer when ever I start this project.

I might build an AMT lowboy for this because I stumbled on a  single axle oilfield truck with a 5th wheel mounted 3rd axle that I think is neat.Too many ideas ,no real direction yet other than its going to be a W921.Looking at the other entries and were all facing some serious competition so far

• 4 weeks later...

I'll give a monthly update with out photos at this time,maybe in a few days I'll have a photo.I have sanded,smoothed,filled sink marks,removed ejector marks and filled all holes in the frame rails.Also modified and fitted the t600 front and rear cross members to the frame.The front springs only had the outside half of the shackles so I added the missing halves.Going to make some hood hinges next so I can get the hood on so I can get an ertl 4300 steering axle in proper location in relation to front fenders.Getting a little done.

• 1 month later...