Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mack RM Oil Field Truck

Whoa!  What a great build.  Man I really like this one.

When I read oil filed truck I thought, OK this ought to be drippy and runny with oil and just filthy.  It's not, but the way you weathered this rig just oozes "working truck".  Any oily grunge would just take away from the way you present this model.  The cables and wheels and overall appearance are commendable.

Really great work Dave.

• 2 weeks later...

Dave - good to see your models.  I am always in awe with your level of detail and fine building skill.  Also like your background scenery - always makes me want to move to Louisiana .

thank you..come on down Sean..

Whoa!  What a great build.  Man I really like this one.

When I read oil filed truck I thought, OK this ought to be drippy and runny with oil and just filthy.  It's not, but the way you weathered this rig just oozes "working truck".  Any oily grunge would just take away from the way you present this model.  The cables and wheels and overall appearance are commendable.

Really great work Dave.

thank you very much..its a replica of a truck over in Vidor TX..since i built it i have added other detail..took it to a IPMS show Saturday (Jan 30th) and it didn't even place..lol..a HO scale beat me out..lol..but i didn't expect anything different from them..lol..

• 7 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...