Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Kenworth W900 - Lightning Express

I like the box stock looks.  I've done at least six of these kits between the Petes and KWs.  The problem is that the newer  boxes say it requires glue but they don't really need glue.  Older boxes of these kit say they are Snap Tite.   Why now they "need" glue?  beats me.  Maybe to attract veteran builders.

Edited by angelo7

Finally finished the AMT Lowboy and stuck it on the back of the Kenwoth.  When was the last time you took pictures outside in January without snow while wearing a t-shirt :)?  I used pieces of balsa wood rather then the plastic decking it came with.

IMAG4902.thumb.jpg.b06803600b4bc735acdfeIMAG4903.thumb.jpg.e413c7f6e6c1daa8e3a87IMAG4905.thumb.jpg.054a94c92124902ad93cbIMAG4904.thumb.jpg.979c6be4922e520a8ae1dIMAG4906.thumb.jpg.2e4a6ce2a9844246a96d2IMAG4907.thumb.jpg.ded3cdc4549838380fd59IMAG4908.thumb.jpg.8ea6d4a332e4c37943c07IMAG4909.thumb.jpg.d8b9d8096e1cc099998eaIMAG4910.thumb.jpg.7ddc0f38ca0e2729a9bf5

• 9 months later...

Please help me out, if any one can.  Earlier on (January 25, 2015) I mentioned that I was going to get a trailer and paint it up to match the truck and use some lighting decals also.  I acquired the lighting bolts and was going to order the Moebius 53' smoothside trailer soon.  My idea is to paint the trailer the same color blue as I did the truck, however that is where my problem lies.  You see I forgot what color blue it was.  I know it was a Testors Model Master spray paint and it was metallic.  The issue I am having is that I don't remember the exact color of blue.  I also painted it over a black primer and put a semi-gloss clear coat on top of it if that helps.  Any help that anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Please help me out, if any one can.  Earlier on (January 25, 2015) I mentioned that I was going to get a trailer and paint it up to match the truck and use some lighting decals also.  I acquired the lighting bolts and was going to order the Moebius 53' smoothside trailer soon.  My idea is to paint the trailer the same color blue as I did the truck, however that is where my problem lies.  You see I forgot what color blue it was.  I know it was a Testors Model Master spray paint and it was metallic.  The issue I am having is that I don't remember the exact color of blue.  I also painted it over a black primer and put a semi-gloss clear coat on top of it if that helps.  Any help that anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Here's a link to Testors Model Master paints: http://www.testors.com/product-catalog/testors-brands/model-master/

That trailer looks pretty good behind that KW......Great job on substituting the balsa for the kit plastic representation.....Looks very good.....

Sorry, Bud....No idea on that blue you're looking for.....I'd go for some Duplicolor, though....It's awesome paint, and a bit of a bargain when compared to regular model paints.....

Edited by kilrathy10