Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Facebook 24 Hour build off Camaro

Porscheman

I joined a 24 hour build off on Facebook Saturday at noon and in my classic style, I finish mine in 5 1/2 hours. I know there are a few things that have to be fixed,the grill and the side view mirror. But all and all I'm  pretty please with the end results. Painted Tamiya Bright Red with Semi Gloss Black interior. The strips are from Firebird Designs and the tires are AMT redlines from their parts pak..

Thanks for looking,

Al

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Uh, 5½ hours? Really? You could have built four models in that 24 hour build off with that building speed!:blink:  I know I'd have trouble in building one of these this nice in 24 days. Really nice job. Excellent paint job and nice, clean work overall as usual.

One of these days somebody is going to have to explain to me the point of trying to build a model in a certain amount of time, because the concept is lost on me.

It's more being part of an event, the camaraderie.  And the challenge of seeing if you can indeed build a credible model in the 24 hour time span.  There is nothing like working at midnight and knowing that there are 50 other people doing the very same thing.  And giving a progress report with photos at 3am and three people instantly reply.