Model Cars Magazine Forum

Galpin Gasser III

Sixx

Thanks for all the great comments guys! None of it would be possible without Alan's help...the decals are absolutely awesome! Yeah I could have built the car...but it wouldn't be the Galpin Gasser without those decals!

• 1 month later...
  • 7 years later...

My 1st real car was a 57 Ford sedan just like the Galpin (but stock) Rebuilt a 312 with 3/4 cam and try-Y headers. Painted orange that looks pretty close to the photos of the Galpin. See the pic from 1968 below. I have a kit ready to build (along with 6 or so other cars I have had). I also have a metal print of the Galpin 3 with blower vice dual carbs from retrovisions.com. I hope Derick can get back to models soon.

Garys57Ford.jpg

I suspect the picture is an airbrush painting with a little upgrading for shock value. Blower looks so much more powerful. Note the detail is kind of blurry and the headers are "chrome" and the fire is kind of fake to me. I have that second picture and it is a metal plate. The website that makes it does not offer it for sale now. But they do custom ones and Gabin has the money to order one I am sure. Just a thought. You may be right. But it does look cool.