Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hanging Up The #11s For A Long While

If I feel SO compelled to say something to someone about their model that they might find offensive because I might want to suggest an alternative way to do something, I send it in a PM, not post it on the board for all to see.

So, my young friend, nested in the following lines is a fully appropriate response that you can give the next time someone leaves negative criticism about your models on the forum:

Go ahead, build what makes you happy.

Everyone has their own taste in modeling.

Trying to please everyone will result in pleasing almost no one.

Be your own man and build what you like.

Each build has its pros and cons.

Not everyone will like what you build.

To tell the truth, I don't always like what I build.

:rolleyes::D:lol:

Edited by Raul_Perez

Time for a little story. I was at a car show last year and like most, really didn't understand the purpose or reason for building a high riding car. I came across a Caprice with a Rolls Royce front grille and headlights. This car was up on high suspension and wheels. The care taker of the car was there and I asked some questions about it. I got to look closely at the workmanship of the chassis, the paint and interior. I was very impressed with it. It was a maroon car that was online and traveled the circuit of car shows. I can't find the car, but, as I said I was really impressed. The build quality was top notch and a lot of money went into it. So Mr. lownslow, don't leave us yet or the hobby. A couple of "nattering nabobs of negativism" shouldn't chase you away.

The red Caprice droptop with the Phantom front end; it was made by Spade Creations in Cincinnati, Ohio.

http://www.spadekreations.com/ultimate/index.php

Edited by Tonioseven

april fools :lol: it wouldve been to ovious but thanks to those two it made it easier to pull i could care less what the sandy vagina sisters think im just cleaning up so that i could do some construction to the hobby room cause the feng shui is all off and i need to finish covering the insulation

ea4a9e6e.jpg

april fools :lol: it wouldve been to ovious but thanks to those two it made it easier to pull i could care less what the sandy vagina sisters think im just cleaning up so that i could do some construction to the hobby room cause the feng shui is all off and i need to finish covering the insulation

ea4a9e6e.jpg

Dude, That was so bad.

Almost as bad as me taken the flames off my 1:1 4by.

I showed a b-4 pic as an after pic cause people said the Flame job was too much..

But in my Sig line I did mention April fools.

No one noticed tho..

Expect some flack.

Goes to show ya doesn't care what you build as long as you build it

and Enjoy it.

Now get back to work on the Merc..

Ohhh...That's bad... Oh well, the point remains the same...if you can't say something constructive about another modeler's build then you shouldn't say anything at all. Period.

building models is just like hot rodding....you build em the way you see fit....however that way is.

if i had listened to all the naysayers back in the day i would have never hot rodded my 78 ltd ll and i would have missed out on alot of fun and a ton of friends! its the same with models especially when you build em for public display... they inspire others to build and find their own style and their own likes an dislikes and however varied that may get it was a simple kit built by you that inspired them to start that journey.

If I feel SO compelled to say something to someone about their model that they might find offensive because I might want to suggest an alternative way to do something, I send it in a PM, not post it on the board for all to see.

So, my young friend, nested in the following lines is a fully appropriate response that you can give the next time someone leaves negative criticism about your models on the forum:

Go ahead, build what makes you happy.

Everyone has their own taste in modeling.

Trying to please everyone will result in pleasing almost no one.

Be your own man and build what you like.

Each build has its pros and cons.

Not everyone will like what you build.

To tell the truth, I don't always like what I build.

:lol::P:lol:

Raul, I may steal, I mean, creatively borrow your wisdom/post/comment/philosophical outlook/shut up GREGG post.

Seriously, well said

Dear Luis:

My attorneys have informed me that due to your malicious attack on the Model Cars Magazine Forum, you are hereby served an electronic Temporary Restraining Order (TRO).

You are forbidden, outlawed, disallowed, and banned from making any further defamatory, slanderous, obscene, or down-right April-Foolery remarks about postings on this forum.

Respectfully submitted this 4th Day of April, 2008 (Shut up, I'm on Hawaiian time, days late and dollahs short)

/s/ Duey Sue Em & How

In other words: BYTE ME!!!!!

Saw this post and wondered why stop building what you want to build. Personally i don't like the Donk cars either, nor tuner imports or Nascar. But to hell with what I like, I'm a big fan of Classic cars and 50s 4 door sedans yet others only build rag tops, 2 doors or trucks.

The same skill you use goes into your models that I put in mine and others use to build their favorites so keep building and keep posting, there are other builders on the board that like them.

Cheers, John

Ps, I love the state of the hobby room, a bit like mine.

When I first read your post, I thought it might be just another cheesy April Fools gag. But with all of the responses and their general concern about your feelings, I thought, this sounds real. Ok, jokes on me, and many of the rest of us, I think, but sorry, I don’t see the humor in this.

This is just a cheesy juvenile stunt. Either there was a lot of guys really upset by your “quitting†the hobby, or they were just playing along with you. I, personally don’t think it is funny. I don’t understand where this need to have April Fools jokes began in our hobby. I recall the April issue of SAE always had some stupid little inside jokes about “a spray to keep plastic from being “eaten†in the box, or chrome resin mix or some other silly thing. Yeah, that was kinda’ funny but I don’t see the humor in getting your fellow forum mates to try and console you because your feeling were hurt over Donks.

Sorry, I guess I just don’t see the humor in this grade school prank. I think my age is showing.

When I first read your post, I thought it might be just another cheesy April Fools gag. But with all of the responses and their general concern about your feelings, I thought, this sounds real. Ok, jokes on me, and many of the rest of us, I think, but sorry, I don’t see the humor in this.

This is just a cheesy juvenile stunt. Either there was a lot of guys really upset by your “quitting†the hobby, or they were just playing along with you. I, personally don’t think it is funny. I don’t understand where this need to have April Fools jokes began in our hobby. I recall the April issue of SAE always had some stupid little inside jokes about “a spray to keep plastic from being “eaten†in the box, or chrome resin mix or some other silly thing. Yeah, that was kinda’ funny but I don’t see the humor in getting your fellow forum mates to try and console you because your feeling were hurt over Donks.

Sorry, I guess I just don’t see the humor in this grade school prank. I think my age is showing.

my mom says i can count all ten of my fingers now :D i are is speshull

:D I'm pissed. :P I thought that I was comming to the aid of a fellow model builder, in his time of discomfort. Wrong!! I was dupped by a freaking joke. Never again. Wont care if you decide to quit in the future. Wont care if others say that you stuf stinks. In fact, I may build a "donk" just to smash it with a hammer when it is done. You have done a dis-service to the low rider/donk model builder community by your pathetic display of "poor me". Hope it was worth the laughs that you got from some friends comming to your defence.

ha ha - pretty good one on us!

but seriously .... anyone cutting the lowrider out of their automobile experience may change their mind after watching 'Livin' the Low Life' on the Speed channel hosted by Vida Guerra. she'll definitely get your standards back in order!

but seriously .... anyone cutting the lowrider out of their automobile experience may change their mind after watching 'Livin' the Low Life' on the Speed channel hosted by Vida Guerra. she'll definitely get your standards back in order!

Vida Guerra is a little overrated they shouldve went for someone with more interest in lowriding and the show is soso its not as good as the lucas oir racing series or the monterey historic racing . they need a show thats about leadsleds and kustoms with Billy Gibbons as the host and ill be watching that with undivided attention. i might build a lowrider here and there but im no longer refering myself as one

A samll part of me kind of suspected this was a childish "April Fools" gag, but it did sound sincere. Well I got fooled.

While I am not as upset as a couple of respondents, I am annoyed by the way we were played, not at being played.

Noel, no need to worry about my seeking payback, I'm not that pettty, but you may be let down by the possible lack of support you could receive from others here if you actually do have a problem in the future. That's a big reseaon I don't go in for silly gags or pranks that play on people's sympathies. Once you do that & are caught at it or admit it, you're no longer trusted as much as you once were.

Just some thoughts to consider while planning your next prank.

:)

i spent a year on a car i learned a lot about BS. i doubt any of you guys are as upset with me like my brother is hes still using a rubber glove to open doors. my dad got over the new transmission tachometer joke

Luis, you did your fellow modelers, the ones that actually cared enough to help with what was thought to be a real problem for you, a huge disservice. And I was one of them. Too bad you look upon the help and friendship of others so cheaply.